G-body 25.3 SFI rebuild

10secBu

Hello all,

I know it's not a turbo Buick, but I'm nearing the end of a complete chassis/cage rebuild of my '79 Malibu. The cage is a SFI 25.3 spec and is a small tire, stock suspension deal.

Since we share the same chassis platform, I was curious to see if anyone was interested in me posting pics of the build.

I didn't want to waste time or space if members here weren't interested since it's not a turbo Buick build.

thanks
Todd

There's alot of pics, so bear with me as I post them.

rebuild7.jpg

rebuild8.jpg

rebuild9.jpg

rebuild10.jpg

rebuild23.jpg

rebuild25.jpg

rebuild29.jpg

rebuild30.jpg

WOW!! Great pics!!

Keep them coming, love looking at this stuff.

The work is fantastic!

I appologize if this is too many pics to post on the forum. I should have asked if it was better to post the individual pics or a simple link to the Photobucket account.

These pics bring the work up to date where the car sits now. I began the work Nov 1st 2010. I have been averaging between 20-24 hours each week on the car working two evenings from 5 to 9, then 8 to 10 hours each on Saturday and Sunday. Right now the time invested is approx 425-450 hours. I figure there's about 1 1/2 to 2 months to complete the fabrication work. Then the car gets torn down and sent out for media blasting, then off to get powder coated, then off to the body shop for body work and paint.

Todd

you do first class work....you like TIG welding even more than I do.....nice fits on the chrome moly....