Full Throttle Iroc Z edition was OK

however it was a 91;)

Attachments

• 91 outside.jpg
    91 outside.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 260
Heh, here's my old 91. I miss that car sometimes!

Attachments

• side1a.jpg
    side1a.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 243
Between the wife and I we have had several F-bodies 11 to be exact, of which most of them were third gen. I just bought my wife an 89 Formula 305 for christmas. It has been 6 years since we have had an F-body.
I forgot how much fun that car is even with the stock 305. The way the thing handles is killer!That episode has helped given me the itch to start modding that. I have a 400sb just sitting in the shed waiting to be rebuilt. My dream is to do the 400 and keep the TPI in the car and convert it to a 5 speed. I figure that will be a lot of fun.
I have never had an IROC, or a Third Gen Camaro, but I have always wanted an IROC, but she is parshal to Pontiacs, since I have the GN I figured get her what she wants! LOL

Man I miss my '87 5.7 IROC. The show is pretty cool, I'm diggin' the influx of all the car shows on TV this past year (well, except for American Hot Rod). The Full Throttle episode with the Firebirds wasn't bad either.

Boston Boy, your '91 looks sweet. :cool: I had the '91/'92 hood bulges, but kept all the rest of the '87 bodywork.

Steve

Attachments

• iroc2.jpg
    iroc2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 222
I hear that this generation camaros are going to be collectable cars also i was smoked by a buick turbo in my iroc-z.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 215
crosslace.jpg

I figured i oughta post mine up since everyone else is putting up theirs

Black Box: Are you saying you had an 87 350 w/ T-Tops? Now, I'm really confused.

Cal, I believe the 5.7 was available with t-tops just not a vert. I have a friend w/ a 87 5.7 and I "think" his is also t-tops. Ran really well in its day on a 125 shot too :D he went thru a lot of bottles and hurt a lot of feelings back then.

Originally posted by HighPSI
Black Box: Are you saying you had an 87 350 w/ T-Tops? Now, I'm really confused.

Yep, the RPO sticker showed codes B2L and L98 (5.7 V8), CC1 (T-tops), MXO (auto trans), and G92 (Performance Axle, 3.27 gear).

I updated it with the '88-up wheels, '91/'92 hood and grille, '90 badges and (if I remember correctly) '90-up body side moldings. The '87 body side moldings are not as wide. I added these when I had it painted in '94.

Here is mine:

87IROC.jpg

305 TPI/ 5 speed. It was nothing compared to a TTA (in terms of speed), but I have a lot of memories in that car. Wish I had it back. :(

The 5.7 was available starting in 1986, very limited . You could the 350 in hard top or t top but not the convertible, exept for a limited run of gta firebirds convertibles. Wish I had pics of my 92 b4c to show, it ran 13.9 pretty much stock.

Here was mine, sold last year:( , went to a friend (on here) and it went to Montana. Threw out the 305/700-4r and put in a 3.8 turbo in it a year before selling it.

Attachments

• iroc.jpg
    iroc.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 128
Originally posted by Black Box
I had the '91/'92 hood bulges, but kept all the rest of the '87 bodywork.
I like the addition of the 88-90 IROC wheels. Very nice. I have an 88 IROC that I'm parting out.:( Its awesome, just needs too much work and money for a 21 year old.

Also, heres the entire IROC episode courtesy of thirdgen.org: IROCs

Attachments

• picture 026a.jpg
    picture 026a.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 100
Here's the one I used to run. Man, I loved that car. It was a 1990, L98 (350), only like 2100 hardtops made that year with the 350. It had leather and all the goodies.

It had been treated like a queen all it's life - never seen the rain or snow until I got it... I had to remove the front air dam to tow it once and found the original factory build slip tucked up in the body where it had fell in 1990! It had stayed there the entire time, it was still perfectly legible.

That car cornered like it was on rails

I miss it:(

Vic

Attachments

• 100_1521_2.jpg
    100_1521_2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 61
there were 50 l98 '86 iroc z's produced, none of them had air conditioning

the odds of you finding one are pretty much non existent. Ive been in the thirdgen scene for like 8 years and Ive never heard of any credibe sources getting ahold of one (maybe one time)

Motor trend did do a test on one back in 86 though I believe that article is up on thirdgen.org

speaking of thirdgens, anyone know of any straight rolling thirdgen chassis sans drivetrain going for really cheap?

Mine has deteriorated into a rust bucket (former NY car)

something 100% rust free and straight body would be awesome

just finished watching it (seems like it got cut off right at the end) I must say that is a pretty entertaining show even though its dumbed down a bit its gotta be marketable. I think they did a decent job