Fuels vs Tune

TURBOZ

Has anyone ever had to change there VE table because they are running race gas (110 octane)instead of pump gas (93 octane)?

Also my weldon pump only runs race gas. Im sure my tune has changed because of the volume of the weldon vs the volume on my street pump. If I added another fuel regulator do you think that would help my problem of the a/r droping from 12.0 on the street pump to the 10.5 on the weldon?

You might see a little difference going from pump gas to race gas, but it would be small at best IMO.

Even if you put the biggest pump in the world on it, it shouldn't affect the tuneup UNLESS you were maxing out the old one. The pump provides a source of fuel; the engine determines the rate of consumption. As long as there is enough fuel and the pressure stays the same, a fuel pump should have no impact on the tuneup.

Would the slower burn rate of the race fuel throw the A/F readings of the wideband off ?

Originally posted by Craig Smith
You might see a little difference going from pump gas to race gas, but it would be small at best IMO.

Even if you put the biggest pump in the world on it, it shouldn't affect the tuneup UNLESS you were maxing out the old one. The pump provides a source of fuel; the engine determines the rate of consumption. As long as there is enough fuel and the pressure stays the same, a fuel pump should have no impact on the tuneup.

Or if you now have a restriction in the return line that wasn't an issue with the lower volume pump.