Fuel pump

V

VinPecora

I have a basically stock 80k GN: K+n,exhaust,160thermo,chip and 237 FPR.
I don't plan on any other mods, I am gettin small knock under WOT. I want to:
1) Hotwire the factory pump.
2)Put my used Syclone pump in it w/ factory wiring
3) Syclone pump and hotwire.

Anyone use the Sy pump,Will it be any benifit without hotwiring it? Or should I just get the 307? Anything insight will be helpful. Thanks

The Syclone pumps alittle more than TR pumps. And I don't know about putting back a used pump back in? Get a Walbro 340 and hot wire it. There are some vendors that offer a package deal with the pump and hot wire kit together. But if you don't want to spend the extra cash hot wire the pump your self, it very easy.

A 307 would be fine, too. I went from a dead stock pump (I couldn't run quicker than mid 14's) to an un-hotwired 307 and took it down to the 12.20's before I hotwired it for safety.

Not that you shouldn't replace the stock pump and run the hot wire, but how do you know that your knock is the result of lack of fuel and not something else?

You should get a scantool and a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

Will a 237 FPR along with a hotwired typhoon pump be ok, What is the fastes I would be able to run with this??? Also with a adjustable one what is a good FP to set on???

Originally posted by VinPecora
Will a 237 FPR along with a hotwired typhoon pump be ok, What is the fastes I would be able to run with this??? Also with a adjustable one what is a good FP to set on???

Ok, Yes. Setting the fuel pressure depends on what boost and what kind of chip, and you need a scan-tool if you don't have one.