Fuel Pump Stays On

Turbo-Fun

ANS installed my 340 walbro just before they closed. I never noticed until today while installing my powerlogger that when I turn the key to "On" the fuel pump powers up and doesn't power down - It keeps running. I don't think this is correct. Shouldn't it power down after about 5 seconds or when pressure in reached? What would cause the pump to keep running? Anyone know what the fix might be or what to look for? Thanks for any help...:confused:

Hi,
Does your pump run only for a couple of secends after shutoff? If so, the oil pressure switch is causing this, and this is normal,especially when the motor is cold. If this is NOT the case, you have a problem,and once again, I would first check the oil pressure switch, followed by the pump relay.That is on the driver's side, I think.

My guess is that you have the pump hotwired right? If so, what did you use to trigger your relay? If it was an "IGN HOT" wire, then the pump will run anytime the key is on. The only wire I am aware of that will trigger the relay like stock would be the heavy brown wire in the trunk wiring harness. That is the one I use to trigger my relay and the fuel pump operates like factory. It runs for a few seconds at key on then shuts down.

Hi,
Does your pump run only for a couple of secends after shutoff? If so, the oil pressure switch is causing this, and this is normal,especially when the motor is cold. If this is NOT the case, you have a problem,and once again, I would first check the oil pressure switch, followed by the pump relay.That is on the driver's side, I think.
No, the pump turns off right away when I turn the ignition off. However, The pump relay would be worth checking.....Thanks!

My guess is that you have the pump hotwired right? If so, what did you use to trigger your relay? If it was an "IGN HOT" wire, then the pump will run anytime the key is on. The only wire I am aware of that will trigger the relay like stock would be the heavy brown wire in the trunk wiring harness. That is the one I use to trigger my relay and the fuel pump operates like factory. It runs for a few seconds at key on then shuts down.
Yes it is hot wired and that really does make sense to check where they hot wired it. I bet I'll find it was hot wired to a hot ignition wire. Very good suggestion.......Thanks!
I'll look for that brown wire to correct this issue if that is what I find.