Fuel pump output and voltage (deatchwerks)

kidglok said:
in my case through the caspers box through the connecters through the ecm :eek:

Yup. F- grade for voltage accuracy after rewiring this the ve table often needs to be adjusted because of the voltage offset table will be off. If the ECM sees low voltage and everything important was getting the correct voltage the ve numbers will need to be changed at low pulse width cells

Yup. F- grade for voltage accuracy after rewiring this the ve table often needs to be adjusted because of the voltage offset table will be off. If the ECM sees low voltage and everything important was getting the correct voltage the ve numbers will need to be changed at low pulse width cells

how do you reccomend it be wired?

Just went thru the volts/pump/gauge issues with the 55.
The entire system is totally new. All ground points are welded 1/4" studs on the body, with 1/0 cable connections from the batt, [+ & -], to the frame, direct to the ,engine and body.
Volt meter readings, [dash Autometer], were about 1 vdc lower than the alt output.
Fuel gauge was about 1/4 tank off.
I checked the ground ohms at the tank, got 22. [This is a grnd with #12 wire to the stud, [star washers, etc], then directly to the batt.] The tank ground is a 1/4" stainless stud welded to the tank.
WTF is this about??? I removed the wire from the stud, and ran directly to the batt -. Got .2 ohms.o_O
The gauge came much closer to a correct reading. [I drained the tank, and weighed the fuel]. I noticed that the reading with KOEO, the reading was as mentioned. Eng running , even closer.
Moved to the gauge panel, and checked ohms across the grounds...Again way too high at 26. Cleaned, retightened, >>> .2 ohms.
Since the fuel ga is nothing more than a volt meter w/ a different face, the volts made the difference.
The volt meter also picked up that "lost" volt....

Morale of the story... Check the gounds EVERYWHERE. Also, check the pos/neg sides for volt drop. The cars are getting old, and the wiring integrity is ?? My issues show that even new systems can be a PITA....

I had to reset the fuel pressure reg, after the issues were resolved..:cool: [ In tank Supra pump]

For those so inclined to really do a wire job......Check this stuff out.:D
http://www.racewiresolutions.com/