fuel pump or MAF

ApullinV6

New plugs, wires, coil pack and module and car has started to cough when boost starts to come up. under normal driving conditions car seems to be running fine, cut if you get into it a little and boost reaches around 5#'s or so car will start to cough, spit.

Car has a caspers hot wire kit....relay under the hood was shot (had melted plug). I was told that the relay that mounts by the tank takes the place of the one under the hood? I changed the relay under the hood anyway.

is my fuel pump shot or could the translator box/MAF have gone bad?
I'm in the process of trying to round up a pressure gauge to mount on hood so I can check pressures..

:confused::confused:

New plugs, wires, coil pack and module and car has started to cough when boost starts to come up. under normal driving conditions car seems to be running fine, cut if you get into it a little and boost reaches around 5#'s or so car will start to cough, spit.

Car has a caspers hot wire kit....relay under the hood was shot (had melted plug). I was told that the relay that mounts by the tank takes the place of the one under the hood? I changed the relay under the hood anyway.

is my fuel pump shot or could the translator box/MAF have gone bad?
I'm in the process of trying to round up a pressure gauge to mount on hood so I can check pressures..

:confused::confused:

More likely to something like your ignition module. If a MAF goes bad it will generally start sputtering and acting up with ANY application of throttle. If you're is waiting until it gets a little into boost to act up, that's more often than not, the ignition module/coil pack.

More likely to something like your ignition module. If a MAF goes bad it will generally start sputtering and acting up with ANY application of throttle. If you're is waiting until it gets a little into boost to act up, that's more often than not, the ignition module/coil pack.

Keep in mind to check the simple things like plug wires (I see you've done that). That leaves another frequent problem: The grounds to the engine block and ignition/coil modules....Check/replace any questionable component providing spark to the combustion chamber. I had some plug wires and ignition ground make me look pretty silly once upon a time. :)

BTW, this is a good time to have (known good) ignition module, coil and MAF handy to switch for troubleshooting.

New coil and ign. module, is it possible one is a defect. When installing the module I made sure I tucked the prongs up so they would ground out.

I just freshened engine up just over a year ago. Cam is new.

Just alittle more history..Car was running fine until it would get about mid way thru 2nd gear and I was noticing a little stutter/miss and it would go away and pull hard again. Well, I figured maybe a plug, wire, or even coil was breaking down. SOOO, I changed plugs, wires, and coil and dummy me grounded out one of the wires. So got a new module and replaced it, making sure I didn't make the same mistake twice. After all that, car absolutely had no fire. Found that the CCCI fuse was blown. Changed fuse and car cranked right up:smile:, Took car out for a test drive and now I have this little cough whenever boost starts to rise:confused:
During the change out and trying to trouble shoot why car wasn't cranking, I found the fuel pump relay burnt. Changed that also, thats why I'm wondering if fp could be some of the problem