Fuel Pressure what should it be?

turbo1962

Trying to tune a little before going to track. installed fuel pressure gauge.
at idle with vac line off 43psi. at WOT in 3rd at 100mph it was 60psi at 24# of boost. IS that were it should be? ta49 alky.

FP should rise 1# per 1psi of boost. Your a little short. Add the 24psi to the 43# static pressure and you should have 67# of FP at WOT.

My pump is hot wired. what happens if i turn the Alky up more will that help?
Any one have a adjustable one they want to sell?

7psi off isnt to bad. as long as your not getting detanation you should be ok.

O2's are at 792 no knock. only time i have knock is if driving along about 35mph and put it to the floor about 1.2 knock when the trans kicks down. is that ok?

The knock you describe is most likely false. 02’s sound good but personally I would not want to go lower. How do the plugs look after a wide open blast?

Sounds like i have the wrong combo ,at 60mph mine doesn't throw me in a tail spin......... I installed the TE61 with 9/11 and adjusted the chip to max fuel. It wanted to knock all the time so i took it off and put the ta49 back on. never did figure what was wrong. left the 9/11 with the ta49.

Its a postons high volume pump. I was using the gauge from a fuel injection test kit. installing a longer hose to be able to see it going down the road.

Sounds like i have the wrong combo ,at 60mph mine doesn't throw me in a tail spin......... I installed the TE61 with 9/11 and adjusted the chip to max fuel. It wanted to knock all the time so i took it off and put the ta49 back on. never did figure what was wrong. left the 9/11 with the ta49.

and i kinda wish i had my old combo back, i have nothing down low unless i launch it at every light...and who wants to do that.

anyway your O2s dont look too bad @ wot

Poston doesn't make fuel pumps, what brand Walbro, what model 307 or 340 etc?