fuel pressure issue

mzunino

Hey Guys...having a fuel pressure issue now. Have a gauge in the cockpit and it was running at 38lbs at idle with the vacuum line on 2weeks ago. Next time I ran it it dropped down to 30lbs at idle with vacuum line on. Took vacuum line off regulator it actually dropped to25lbs. Ran it again today and it's down to 10lbs line on or off. Seems so radical maybe the gauge? No fuel leaks I can see. Double racetronix pumps almost new and FP gauge almost new. Appreciate any thoughts you may have

i its a racetronix switch the jumpers under the hood to power up the second pump, this way the other pump will become the primary and if pressure returns you know the other pump is going out

on the harness under the hood , theres a a few 2 wire connectors dangling around from the racetronix harness

one is to the hobbs ,possibly labeled as B

theres another similar connector with a looped wire plugged into it labeled A
just change those connectors so B has the loop (primary) and A is the hobbs switch (secondary pump)

if with the pump control switched so that you are on the second pump you still have a low fuel pressure issue you could have a bad gauge (try another) or a bad regulator .

IMG_0727.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
Yes, just put the jumper end on the other harness. Hope you have an electric gauge if it is in the interior!

I just was helping someone with there fuel issue . It ended up being the ground on thensending unit in the tank . U could have a loose clamp that connects the pump to the sending u it ether way I would think about dropping the tank and checking in there . It took me about 20min by myself to get the pump out . Hopefully u find your issue