fuel lines for E85

todd n toohey

Here is the current build: Have double pump Reds (255 each), stock fuel lines, stock fuel rail, going to Bosch 160s for E85 is the projected build. Right now the car is dynoed at 553 RWHP. Not looking for crazy HP but want E85 conversion. With this set up, will stock lines support the 160s with peoples experience out there? I know it is a good idea to go larger lines but do I have to in order to support this set up? Thank you for the help.
also running XFI 2.0

what i want to know is what is the cut off point on stock lines that anyone has gotten too in the 1/4 on stock lines running E-85 with what ever size 120's or bigger. And double pumps. I'm sure it's going to vary.

I have not been to the track yet but my dyno was 520 at 22 lbs with a 45a. All stock lines, Walbro double pumper, 120's. According to XFI 2.0 my duty cycle was under 60.

What the hell. I wonder why my 120's are maxing out. You on the corn juice krom?
Yes on corn, when I had 75lb injectors 15 lbs was my max. I went back to my logs and I noticed that the duty cycle did actually creep to 63% one time. The real test will be at the track during a 1/4 mile run.

i am still runningalky with 535 RWHP but just wanted to know if it is necessary to go to bigger diameter fuel line.....yes i know it is advisable but is it necessary? My ultimate plan is just like i explained above but am interested to see what is the fastest someone has run or HP on E85 with stock lines and 160 or bigger injectors injectors.....with my planned set up i am not sure it is necessary to go to a bigger diameter line...thank you for the help everyone and please keep the experience coming

Gabby Rojas went 9.9x on the stock lines, double Pumper and 160's. I believe Kevin B(board member) went 10.20-10.30s on the stock lines.
The only issue is the pressure at idle. Which isn't an issue if you are turning the second pump on under boost like 15 psi or so.

Gabby Rojas went 9.9x on the stock lines, double Pumper and 160's. I believe Kevin B(board member) went 10.20-10.30s on the stock lines.
The only issue is the pressure at idle. Which isn't an issue if you are turning the second pump on under boost like 15 psi or so.

So are you saying to increase base pressure?

Sounds like he is saying the return line won't take the double pumpers , you need to be on a single pump until boost triggers pump 2 but I haven't done it just saying how I am reading his post and what seems logical , usually I just lurk in this section lol

So are you saying to increase base pressure?
No, I meant with a stock return line, one Walbro is fine. Turn on two and it overwhelms the return system under a certain power level. Some cars can have the second pump come in at lower boost levels than others.

Edit: Thanks Murphinator!

I have both of my pumps on all the time, just tuned the XFI for the extra fuel.

The return line and regulator return orifice are the restrictions with a double pumper setup on stock lines. If you ditch the stock type regulator and return line you will run into less issues. I made a custom double pumper setup for the wife's car with a custom billet hat, true 1/2" feed lines (-8) and a true 3/8" return line. I have a production unit that will be available in the next month or so thru a couple vendors in this site. They will have the option for a -10 feed line and a -8 return line. Once final testing is completed they will be available to the vendors and posted on this site. They will require a larger feed and return line as they have the ability to flow over 680 lph all while being able to fit in a stock tank with a fuel level sender!

i had my car tuned by Cal, running a double pumper.. used a -10 line from the tank and split it to dual -8 running to each rail.. used the stock feed as my return. (i used the jegs pro flo fuel line) at 28lbs of boost with 120lb injectors were at 92%. it made 610hp at the wheels..

2012-09-09_14-29-36_86.jpg2012-09-09_14-29-36_86.jpg2012-09-09_16-43-42_739.jpg

What was your base fuel pressure (vac line disconnected)? And what was your fuel pressure under boost?

The return line and regulator return orifice are the restrictions with a double pumper setup on stock lines. If you ditch the stock type regulator and return line you will run into less issues. I made a custom double pumper setup for the wife's car with a custom billet hat, true 1/2" feed lines (-8) and a true 3/8" return line. I have a production unit that will be available in the next month or so thru a couple vendors in this site. They will have the option for a -10 feed line and a -8 return line. Once final testing is completed they will be available to the vendors and posted on this site. They will require a larger feed and return line as they have the ability to flow over 680 lph all while being able to fit in a stock tank with a fuel level sender!
Is the setup you mentioned above ready yet?

I was not able to run a TT340 with my stock fuel lines bored out. I know all lines are different. Running a Racetronix DP with -8 feed and -6 return, and can flow both pumps on at idle. Liking the E-85, 42bls at idle, 68lbs @ full boost. 89-92% DC on injectors, all stock internals.