Fuel coming out of purge canister

jimmymopower

This happened once before about 6 months ago, a new gas cap seemed to fix it, but another one bad in 6 months doesn't make sense. Anybody else run into this? Thanks in advance, James

jimmymopower said:
This happened once before about 6 months ago, a new gas cap seemed to fix it, but another one bad in 6 months doesn't make sense. Anybody else run into this? Thanks in advance, James

Can't answer your problem, but I'm signing on because I have a bad fuel smell coming from mine when it gets hot.

Maybe the solenoid on top of it is not working or one of the one-way valves?

jimmymopower said:
I speculate the following;
The purge solenoid and check valve are not working correctly. Most likely, you are presurizing the tank enough that the cap can not release the pressure. (Really should not pressururise the tank anyway)
When you get out of boost, the residual pressure in the tank is pushing fuel into the canister.

Jerryl said:
I speculate the following;
The purge solenoid and check valve are not working correctly. Most likely, you are presurizing the tank enough that the cap can not release the pressure. (Really should not pressururise the tank anyway)
When you get out of boost, the residual pressure in the tank is pushing fuel into the canister.
Are you refering to the check valve on the fuel pump, or in the purge system? I first noticed it after letting it idle for about ten minutes, I had just flushed the cooling system and was bleeding the air out, so no boost there.

No boost uh?
Well, that is what happens when one "Ass -umes" and speculates.

Is the filter in the canister open and not plugged?
Maybe the vacuum with a plugged filter "sucks" up some gas through the vent line ......... but, I have been wrong before. :cool: