Fuel Cell for Street Car

RKNTRBO

Looking for some input, from anyone who has one and drives their car on the street.

Just found out, my tank might be bad along with some lines, and then I remembered how much I loved my fuel Cell in my AMX almost 20 years ago:eek:

I know there are some advantages, like the lines and fittings, etc.

So if you have any input throw it out there.

Thanks in advance
Mark

Im thinking of going sumped..I'd like to see some install pics to get an idea or two:cool:

Im running a fuel cell in my car... drive it on the street.
Not bad if you dont mind not having a trunk! LOL!

New steel tanks arent that bad ($$$)... and if you have a good in-tank pump, you may want to just get another stock replacement.

Gotta chop up the trunk to get the cell in there, and bolt it down. Then you are running an inline pump like me.

I dont know if there are really any benefits to fittings and such, fittings cost a damn fortune!

I still got plenty -o- mafia trunk. I run a 15 gallon aluminum Summit tank. It sits on top of the rear axle galley centered.

get a big one

matt gn 004.jpg

16 gallon doesen't last long:p

I was going to put a cell in the car I'm doing this winter but decided to go with a sump in a new stock tank instead. Much cleaner and worked fine in my 9 sec. 80 Camaro.

Looking for some input, from anyone who has one and drives their car on the street.

Just found out, my tank might be bad along with some lines, and then I remembered how much I loved my fuel Cell in my AMX almost 20 years ago:eek:

I know there are some advantages, like the lines and fittings, etc.

So if you have any input throw it out there.

Thanks in advance
Mark
how fast are you wanting to go? stock lines are good for 9's and a new oem tank and even if you had to replace the lines it would be cheaper, and easier. Then, if you wanted to go faster, just sump the oem tank, add bigger lines and keep your trunk ! Keeping the "street" look is a big plus imho.