FS : Short Block with ARP's and Billet Caps

billsgn

Hard Member
Found some copper in my oil filter so it was torn down and will need to be gone thru as it hurt the main bearings. Block is fine as is the cylinder walls. Crank appears to be fine as well but Im unsure to be honest.

The engine had approximately 500 miles on the last rebuild with stock pistons and new GM rings (std). The stock turbo crank was cut .010/.010 with Clevite bearings and resized stock rods with ARP waveloc bolts and held in place with two center billet main caps and ARP main studs. Comp Cams 212/212 flat tappet camshaft and timing set included.

$600 obo plus shipping. Does not include timing cover or oil pan.

Thanks, Bill

found some copper in my oil filter so it was torn down and will need to be gone thru as it hurt the main bearings. Block is fine as is the cylinder walls. Crank appears to be fine as well but im unsure to be honest.

The engine had approximately 500 miles on the last rebuild with stock pistons and new gm rings (std). The stock turbo crank was cut .010/.010 with clevite bearings and resized stock rods with arp waveloc bolts and held in place with two center billet main caps and arp main studs. Comp cams 212/212 flat tappet camshaft and timing set included.

$600 obo plus shipping. Does not include timing cover or oil pan.

Thanks, bill
wow!!!

Check your oil pump gears make sure you can turn them easy sounds like your engine was starving for oil just a thought ive seen this before

Check your oil pump gears make sure you can turn them easy sounds like your engine was starving for oil just a thought ive seen this before

Yeah, I thought it was oil starvation as well since thats what killed it the first time (clogged pickup and a cracked crank). Oil pump seems fine so Im going to assume incorrect clearances and or assembly this time. Yes the crank was replaced with a good turbo crank that was magnufluxed and cut to 10/10.

Engine

that's what i said....wow!!!

I bought a brand new, in the crate shortblock so hopefully this will be the last time. :rolleyes:

i saw were you bought that new engine. Your cam and heads and you should be fine. Good luck!! Ps do you still have that te45a?

i saw were you bought that new engine. Your cam and heads and you should be fine. Good luck!! Ps do you still have that te45a?

Nope....sold the turbo, heads and intake. Im going back to a stock build with a few bolt ons.

Hey Bill, if your new motor is a GM REMAN unit, make sure you at least open it up and check it. I just tore one apart last night that had noise after 3 hours of run time and one of the piston/rods were put in backwards. It didnt have a turbo crank either. The NA crank was turned 20/20!!!!:eek: It did however at least have turbo pistons!!:rolleyes: Hope this helps. -----Jeremy

Hey Bill, if your new motor is a GM REMAN unit, make sure you at least open it up and check it. I just tore one apart last night that had noise after 3 hours of run time and one of the piston/rods were put in backwards. It didnt have a turbo crank either. The NA crank was turned 20/20!!!!:eek: It did however at least have turbo pistons!!:rolleyes: Hope this helps. -----Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the heads up, however what I have is a brand new NOS GM Shortblock and not a reman. Everything is brand new and correct.

Thanks, Bill

Just to clarify what I am selling....

Complete shortblock (needs rebuild) with cam and timing set.

Standard bore 109 block out of an 87 T
10/10 Turbo crank (purchased from Brian at GBody)
Billet main caps (both centers) with ARP Studs
Stock rods with ARP Waveloc Bolts.
Stock pistons with GM rings
Comp Cams 212/212 hydraulic cam
Comp Cams Roller timing set

All for $500 plus shipping.

Thanks, Bill

Thanks Bill, but more than I want to spend right now. Since the engine needs to come apart.