FS: 27K mile Factory GN Carpet

By looking at this thread it seems to me that hungerbuhler committed to the sale and was gracious enough to allow turbo luver first shot after questions were answered.

I can't tell you what to do or how to sell, just that you be ethical in your buisness dealing so as not to get a bad name on the board.

We are a small community and like the bar in Boston [CHEERS] it's where everybody knows your name.

Nope. His offer was for me to pay shipping.

It appears to me that SloGN is offering what I asked for. Based on this if he wants it I will sell it to him. If this fiasco has changed his mind and he doesn't want any part of it anymore I completely understand and I'll post it on my website as I mentioned earlier.

ks

Last edited:
But you weren't the first to make an offer. I had other offers for less than what I was going to accept (one was for $75) so should I accept them b/c they were first?
I don't think so.

That's why I hope they change the rules in the parts section.

Post in the open and accept or decline so all can see.

Nothing personal it's just fair for all and I hope something can be changed in the future and make it easier on both the seller and buyer. Both sides can end up in a tight spot trying not to offend the other and it shouldn't have to be that way.

Nope. His offer was for me to pay shipping.

It appears to me that SloGN is offering what I asked for.

ks

You're right and you're wrong. No one has committed to buying it as they all have put out there a question or stipulation.

Thanks.
People feel that b/c they were first in line they should get special treatment but unfortunately it becomes a bidding war if the original offer isn't met. If someone doesn't want a chance to loose a product then don't offer anything less than the asking price...you snooze you lose..

ks

First one to agree to terms of sale is the new owner, whether it be you or the other party.

Sorry I wasn't trying to start a shit storm Kevin, I was just trying to point out that if it was all done in the open through forum posts and not PM's nobody could bitch or feel screwed.

And that goes for the seller and the buyer.

First one to agree to terms of sale is the new owner, whether it be you or the other party.

Sorry I wasn't trying to start a shit storm Kevin, I was just trying to point out that if it was all done in the open through forum posts and not PM's nobody could bitch or feel screwed.

And that goes for the seller and the buyer.

I know.. It sucks on my end b/c the people that PM'd me could get screwed and I'm stuck in the middle and all I wanted to do is sell some carpet. This is why if I just put it on my website then it's more public/equal.

No hard feeings on my end no matter what happens. If it becomes a big squabble I'll take the ad down and repost it at a later date.
ks

Thanks.
People feel that b/c they were first in line they should get special treatment but unfortunately it becomes a bidding war if the original offer isn't met. If someone doesn't want a chance to loose a product then don't offer anything less than the asking price...you snooze you lose..

ks

AHMEN!!

I buy no means felt I was special for being first in line. Was willing to pay full + the cost of shipping. I did PM asking a price complete with shipping.

No worries. By no means want to get in a pissing match over a used carpet.

Thanks for your time, possibly next time.

Kerry

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

So i want it and im willing to pay alittle more for shipping how should i let you know? ive looked on your link and dont see any where you would list it.
ill pay with card also
my email
richkibler@aol.com

If I'm still in the running for it please let me know.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I was willing to pay 150 plus shipping if needed. It was obo all you had to say is no I'm firm on 150 plus ship. If turbo lover doesn't take it like he said he'd pay full price plus shipping then I will.

I just don't see how a post shows who's in line to everyone wouldn't be the way to go to eliminate the bs of pm's that are secret and not the for sale ad.

I was willing to pay 150 plus shipping if needed. It was obo all you had to say is no I'm firm on 150 plus ship. If turbo lover doesn't take it like he said he'd pay full price plus shipping then I will.

I just don't see how a post shows who's in line to everyone wouldn't be the way to go to eliminate the bs of pm's that are secret and not the for sale ad.

Actually I PM'd him probably first.... and told him I would pickup locally .. was just waiting on his payment information...

I agree .. FIRST PM gets it ... its timestamped pretty simple to follow up with ...

I will also pay the 150 and pickup locally .. not sure how much easier it gets

Actually I PM'd him probably first.... and told him I would pickup locally .. was just waiting on his payment information...

I agree .. FIRST PM gets it ... its timestamped pretty simple to follow up with ...

That is just your guess, hence why it should be posted in the thread. Is it harder to post in the thread VS. PM?

I guess if that PM time stamp could be verified[ shown to all involved] to prove you were in fact first in line that could alleviate some doubt about back door dealings, but why not post in the open in the first place.

Look at what a fiasco it turned out to be as many want it and there is really no way to tell who was first except what we see posted in the open not PMed.

This is the reason that I hope someday the policies will be updated to make it fair for all involved.

I could solve it right now by offering $400.00 shipped with a 15% tip and a free ice cream cone with sprinkles.

That is just your guess, hence why it should be posted in the thread. Is it harder to post in the thread VS. PM?

I guess if that PM time stamp could be verified[ shown to all involved] to prove you were in fact first in line that could alleviate some doubt about back door dealings, but why not post in the open in the first place.

Look at what a fiasco it turned out to be as many want it and there is really no way to tell who was first except what we see posted in the open not PMed.

This is the reason that I hope someday the policies will be updated to make it fair for all involved.

I could solve it right now by offering $400.00 shipped with a 15% tip and a free ice cream cone with sprinkles.

Okey ... I've got 5:52pm with the PM for the offer.. he countered .. I accepted was waiting on how he wanted payment ... seems pretty simple to me .. if anyone PM'd before 5:52 ... Its theirs and rightfully so ... makes no difference if its a PM or POST .. all timestamped .. simple process really

And Kevin can sell to anyone that wants it. It's a raw deal sometimes as I overpaid for an engine harness that I took at a lower price, but had to pony up b/c someone else, via PM, was outbidding me even though I took all original terms as is right away. Oh well.

The PM thing is a bad idea. Why not post in forum and keep it fair for all?

IT is FAIR >>>> its SIMPLE ... everything has a timestamp .. first come first serve applies to PM's and POSTS ... What am I missing ?

Okey ... I've got 5:52pm with the PM for the offer.. he countered .. I accepted was waiting on how he wanted payment ... seems pretty simple to me .. if anyone PM'd before 5:52 ... Its theirs and rightfully so ... makes no difference if its a PM or POST .. all timestamped .. simple process really

That's the catch. Your original PM didn't take the offer, but made an offer instead of just saying "I'll take it!"