front tire size

dadmomcat

Will P245/60R15 fit on front with-out rubbing on the fender or frame ?? The car is a 86 G/N with stock chrome wheels. I have P215/60R15 on now. Planning on using P275/60R15 on the rear. I do have new springs and air bags on the rear.
Thanks for the info:) :)

I run 245/60 15 on mine. I rub on the fender liner a little on a sharp turn...rarely happens though.

No, it will rub on turns. A lot depends upon the condition of your front coil springs. If they're tired and sag, all the worse. If you drive hard (i.e. autocrosser), all the worse. If you drive bad roads, carry lots of people and gear, negotiate steep driveways, all the worse. And I agree with the previous poster, even 235s may rub a little. The surest bet is to stay with the stock size.

Now there are guys who manage to run huge stuff up front, but I'm not versed in the tricks...

:)

Both my Buick's have 235's and my T-Type is droped only rubs on sharp turns.

They will probably rub torwards the frame when turning at full lock and rub the fender liners on large bumps. Stiffer front springs will reduce rubbing (even if they are slightly lower) and improve handling. I ran 245/60's all around on my car and really liked the handling. My car has eibach springs and bilstien shocks, though.