Front Mount Intercooler

GNBUICK87

Who has the best Front Mount Intercooler I am looking to upgrade i heard cottons has a nice one any others out there:eek: :eek: :eek:

1. Cotton's
2. PTE FMIC
3. Kenne Bell FMIC

Thats all I know... I think Eastern performance and CAS V1/2...but I think they went out of business?

Hope that helps...

I have a Cotton's and it works really well.

The actual MAT temps., stay within 20dF of ambient, and while they may increase a little intially, as the road speed increases the MATs return to the ambient +20.

While the engine runs about 5-10dF warmer on a hot day, the gains in having a cooler MAT more then make up for that.

does anybody have any photos of the cottons unit - installed and uninstalled. PLEASE.... TIA

Cottons

I shure would like to see PTE and Cottons pics which is better i will be running a TE60 and 65`s Injectors looking for the right front mount to get :confused:

I think if you do a search you will see a couple of threads on this subject. It seems the majority feel the cottons is slightly better but I think it cost a good bit more too. I have a PTE and works real good.

Cotton has the biggest, best fitting unit. BUT, I think he is working on something even BIGGER!

Originally posted by turbo2nr
Cotton has the biggest, best fitting unit. BUT, I think he is working on something even BIGGER!

It's available now.
And it's HUGE.
Instead of the pipes, elbowing into the tanks like the *current* one, the I/C is another 3" taller. And it looks to be a little wider.
Did I mention it's huge?! :)

not trying to hijack but whats the general opinion no the e-bay intercooler good or bad anybody running any good times on them

Originally posted by JCotton
not quite Bruce....... how bout 5" longer..... :eek: of more core

Cotton any pics on the new Design any specials on your front mount intercoolers right know would like to get one is a te60 turbo enough for that turbo looking at getting bigger turbo in the future but would like to upgrade my intercooler frist any down sides slower spooling:eek: :confused: :D