Front End Lowering Options ??

turbomark

I have an '84 GN project that I am slowly rebuilding. I installed a set of Eibach Pro-kit front springs hoping to lower the front end a bit. I got the opposite result...the new springs raised the front end higher than the old tired stock springs. Even with my teenage son and myself standing on the bumper, there is still 2 inches of clearance between the front tire and the wheel opening. The car has '89 Caprice spindles with 12 inch brakes. I would really like to have the car low enough that the front tire fills the wheelwell. I figure my options are:

1. Cut a half (or full) coil off the Eibach springs, which will make the car lower and even stiffer.

2. Install a QA1 spring and shock kit with the adjustable spring perches.

3. Find a set of drop spindles, hopefully ones that are a direct replacement for the '89 Caprice spindles.

Anyone have any other suggestions, or help with my above options....??

Thanks.......:confused:

Put your old springs back in. If you wanted it lower than it sat with the old springs in place, cut a half coil off of them.

I have an '84 GN project that I am slowly rebuilding. I installed a set of Eibach Pro-kit front springs hoping to lower the front end a bit. I got the opposite result...the new springs raised the front end higher than the old tired stock springs. Even with my teenage son and myself standing on the bumper, there is still 2 inches of clearance between the front tire and the wheel opening. The car has '89 Caprice spindles with 12 inch brakes. I would really like to have the car low enough that the front tire fills the wheelwell. I figure my options are:

1. Cut a half (or full) coil off the Eibach springs, which will make the car lower and even stiffer.

2. Install a QA1 spring and shock kit with the adjustable spring perches.

3. Find a set of drop spindles, hopefully ones that are a direct replacement for the '89 Caprice spindles.

Anyone have any other suggestions, or help with my above options....??

Thanks.......:confused:
Most lowering springs will lower the car 1" and with saggy worn out stock springs sometimes it's not enough. We sell the DSE 2" drop springs and that will lower it to closer to where you want it to be and give you a better ride than cutting coils off.

I have these on my car and the stance and ride quality is perfect.

Scot W.

i feel your pain... i just bought coilovers and a-arms

i will be selling my full set of eibachs soon

Ok
Rears already off
I will have fronts off Saturday I will let u know
Also I have a set of enkie gnx knock offs u interested?
I m me later

Well....

I ordered a set of the DSE springs recommended by Scott W. Got them installed today and the difference is excellent. The front end came down 1.5 inches from where it was with the Eibachs installed, and is definitely more compliant. There is now about 1.5 inches of clearance between the tire and the wheelwell. I'll try to post before and after pics........

Thanks Scott ! :D

Mark.