Front bumper fillers question

bagged84regal

first of all sorry to anyone that gets upset with me for posting this in here but im not sure where i should post this question so if it is the wrong area to post sorry.

My question is what is ABS plastic and the differences with fiberglass, and what your opinions are as to what is better for front fillers, thanks

That's a good deal...but...consider the cons on using fiberglass or ABS plastic...these are ridgid..so...if you so much as bump into something at low speed or someone backs into you, be prepared to spend a lot of money on new fenders, hood, the hood surround, etc, as the flexable bumper fillers are designed to flex inwards when the bumper is pressed inwards and absorb the energy intended for the fenders, headlight bezels, hood surround, etc. It's a trade off. It's a gamble that you'll never have any low speed impact with your TB Regal. I've stayed with flexable fillers...my luck has always been bad so I don't gamble.:redface:

Bruce '87 Grand National

That's a good deal...but...consider the cons on using fiberglass or ABS plastic...these are ridgid..so...if you so much as bump into something at low speed or someone backs into you, be prepared to spend a lot of money on new fenders, hood, the hood surround, etc, as the flexable bumper fillers are designed to flex inwards when the bumper is pressed inwards and absorb the energy intended for the fenders, headlight bezels, hood surround, etc. It's a trade off. It's a gamble that you'll never have any low speed impact with your TB Regal. I've stayed with flexable fillers...my luck has always been bad so I don't gamble.:redface:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Would you happen to know where there is a good deal such as the one i found? thank you

Would you happen to know where there is a good deal such as the one i found? thank you

Try this link...but it's not at the price you want. It's the best I could do for now...Jennings Chevrolet is a great place to get GM parts, I've bought lots of things from them. They are a real nice company.

84-87 New GM OEM Grand National Front Bumper Fillers:eBay Motors (item 310173538243 end time Nov-07-09 13:10:42 PST)

These are the real GM front bumper fillers for the Grand National and Regals. They fit great, but...expensive. They are going up in price almost every month. I paid $140 a pair only one year ago. You can see how much they've gone up since. But..worth it, IMHO. Like I suggested, it's how much you value your front end, and or rear end. Nothing personal here.:redface:

Hope this helps you.

Bruce '87 Grand National