From the hospital.......

turbofabricator

Well..........just turning 50, and have been a insulin dependant diabetic since I was 14. I've been having chest pain after long walks. Went to cardiologist and they just did an angiogram. I thought it would include a stripper named Angie, but boy was I wrong. It did include a couple of stints for arteries that were 80% blocked. Should be able to run a Marathon next week. Ya......like that will ever happen. I should at least have more energy to build Buicks. So guys.......if you have the following symptoms go to the doc right away!!! Chest pain after walking, sweating after walking or just mowing the lawn (when its not sweating weather.) If you have chest pain don't ignored it. I almost did. Thank God I didn't. It could have been ALOT worse.

come on !!!! wait till ya get my age !! :p Ok now do what the Dr tells ya !!! :wink:

Wow, it was Nick just a little while ago too. Jeez. Well glad you got cleaned out. Stay healthy, I need to learn more stuff from your posts.;)

........... So guys.......if you have the following symptoms go to the doc right away!!! Chest pain after walking, sweating after walking or just mowing the lawn (when its not sweating weather.) If you have chest pain don't ignored it. I almost did. Thank God I didn't. It could have been ALOT worse.

I know about "it could have been ALOT worse", and it was mowing a lawn that alerted me. :)

Sounds like you had some "Divine Intervention" to allow you to be with us a while longer, and certainly you will make the best of it!

Very glad to hear you are doing well, and hopefully you will have a quick recovery.

Approaching 50 myself in a year and a half...I need to be taking better care of myself. Glad all is well with you.

Bryan

Still get plenty of excersize and keep an eye but I am getting close to you in age Ken. Glad to see you didn't kick off yet.:biggrin:

Now get better and get back to building Buick soon. :)

Still get plenty of excersize and keep an eye onwhat I eat, but I am getting close to you in age Ken. Glad to see you didn't kick off yet.:biggrin:

Now get better and get back to building Buick soon. :)

Couldn't correct for some reason. :(

Diabetic here too Ken. Glad that you are still among us man. Take care and be sure to enjoy life.

Glad to hear you are ok. I really appreciate your posts and the help you have given me in the past. Wish I could just download the knowledge straight from your brain but since I can't you need to take care of yourself so you can keep posting here :)

glad to hear your ok Ken,
I still mow my yard, but am in the collecting SS age,
and well fed (?) but monitor my blood press, and have my oatmeal everyday,

now take care and be cautious!

Hey Ken, glad to hear your ok- I'll be 49 in Feb. so not much behind you, I try to keep an eye on my blood pressure, my younger brother has high blood pressure as well as my dad (had a heart attach as well) so I try to keep an eye on it- little easier to do with blood test every other week for my CML (luekemia) from a few months ago

Thanks folks! The proceedure was pretty straight forward. I got to watch the doc slip the deal into my heart arteries and I saw the blockage with my own eyes. I had a nuclear stress test 18months ago and it was completely normal. So over the last month or so I've had chest pain after walking 1/4mile into and out of work, and figured it couldn't be my heart because of the stress test. NOPE!!! A stress test doesn't show everythimg. Lesson here for you older guys and even you youngsters...............if you feel chest pain have every test done. I spent the day having strangers poke and just walk up and lift the sheets and stare at my groin. I always figured it would be cool to have two nurses poking at my groin. (yes...........one was even the "head" nurse, too.) Wasn't anything like I figured. <<grin>>

52 here and pre-diabetic....

Hope your recovery is a fast one!

I had high blood pressure at the physical before last and my wife is diabetic. We watch everything we buy for sodium and sugar content. I cut out almost completely my diet coke intake. I was drinking about eight cases a month. No just a few here and there. Mostly I drink water with some of those single serving powder for some flavor. No sugar, no sodium. We get one liter drinks at Kroger or walmart that have no sugar, no sodium. I have drastically reduced my red meat intake. Just a few burgers a month instead of several to many each week. As previously noted, oatmeal, bananas, apples, cauliflour, broccoli, and celery have become my main course for lunch and breakfast. I also take garlic pills, omega 3-6-9 fish oil pills, and potassium glutimate pills. It got my blood pressure down and I do feel better. The doctor at the last physical asked if I had gotten to a doctor, I told him no, just changed my diet and go for a walk most nights. He wasn't pleased but my bp was "normal" so he gave me a two year card to drive.

Good luck with your recovery!

I have been seeing alot of people and friends with heart problems. Im only 42 and in the last three months I quit drinking pop. I have been drinking that zero water and stopped all fast food maybe a hotdog hare and there but thats it. I dont drink alcohol and I quit smoking 10 years ago. I had high blood pressure a couple of years ago but it was claritin d and all the pop I was drinking.
Then last week I wacked my arm on exhaust pipe and got an infection. My arm swelled up twice its size. I have been on iv antibiotics since last tuesday. I hope they release my on tuesday because Im going crazy doing nothing. They told me its a staff infection.
Well some people get a wake up call and some are not as lucky.
I wish everyone a get well soon and Godbless You and your families

Be carefull with that staff infection. If it's MRSA it can really be trouble ie; fatal.