Frankfort Il, cruise night

HAHA, it's now in more pieces than it was a month ago. I get about 6 minutes a night to work on it when the dog goes outside before bed. :mad::rolleyes:

How do you take a car apart that you never drive when it's together? :confused: Hopefully, you have it back together for the Midwest meet. I already know you won't show up.

How do you take a car apart that you never drive when it's together? :confused: Hopefully, you have it back together for the Midwest meet. I already know you won't show up.

Well put headers, turbo, downpipe, FMIC, etc etc on it, basically all bolt on stuff. I did have the lower intake off, sandblasted the intake, solid vac lines, brackets, etc (EVERYTHING) and painted them. Get it all back together minus exhaust and put maybe 25-30 miles on it getting used to the car as I've never actually driven it since I bought it.
Been sitting over the winter and I get a little coolant seeping out of one of the bolts on the front cover. :mad: Figure OK, I can deal with a tiny leak for a little while and put a new front cover gasket on.... wrong, put my pressure tester on the rad, 1 pump and its pissing out now. :mad:

So now I get to take a bunch of crap off to replace the front cover seal. :rolleyes:

LOL.
You know how it goes. Sometimes it's just easier...ugh! :redface:

And the fear of not finding a spot and having to drive around with the kids for an hour or park 3 blocks away. One of these days. If I knew you were going I would have forced myself. ;)

There were 2 others there. Who's were they? One on the main street, and the other in the grass lot to the north. Someone here I am sure.

The GN in the north grass lot was mine.I checked out the other gn on main street, didn't meet the owner.Someone passed through a couple times in a gn,figured it was one you young guys on here.Thought I'd see more Turbo cars.Maybe next time.

That was me passing through. I stopped by Rick's (TuboBuRick) house to talk about scheduling a day for us to put my AlkyControl kit on the car and he happened to mention the car show. That was my first trip through and that is a crazy/happening place. I did happen to see you parked on the grass and that is one clean ride. Nice vanity plates too! Anyway, I drove through and it was so crowded a was redirected back out the way I came in so I decided to leave. Now that I know about the show, I'll make it a point to get there earlier so I can find a nice GRASSY spot and visit with some other TR owners.

I do know several guys/and cars from here. And I did not recognize either car. I thought I would have seen a few more TR that night myself. I saw Rick driving through. I was in my other buick :rolleyes: and not the GN, that's why Rick was making fun of me.:tongue:
Too late getting out of work to get a spot within the show and I knew I would have had to park a couple blocks away, and that isn't acceptible. Had I known a few of you guys were going, I would have done a better job of getting out of work a bit early and took the GN.
Maybe next time.

The GN in the north grass lot was mine.I checked out the other gn on main street, didn't meet the owner.Someone passed through a couple times in a gn,figured it was one you young guys on here.Thought I'd see more Turbo cars.Maybe next time.
Nice car.
What are all the switched for under the dash?

Oh, and nice plate by the way.;)

Nice car.
What are all the switched for under the dash?

Oh, and nice plate by the way.;)

Thanks.Switchs are hi speed fan and hot wire to fuel pump,knock alarm visual and audio.The other box is the ans boost controler.All old school stuff.

I was there in mt T. Had to park almost 2 blks. down the street. The Corvettes took up half the spots.
You can say that again. It was corvette night, and do you think they would give up a spot to a GN/T?
After all, these did come factory with "I brake for corvettes" license plate frames..;)

You can say that again. It was corvette night, and do you think they would give up a spot to a GN/T?
After all, these did come factory with "I brake for corvettes" license plate frames..;)

Yeah, we're nice guys.

I'm off work this Thur. might try to get up there early in the GN with the old retired guys. :cool: