Found this on ebay today.

This vehicle is a fake, being deceptively marketed by the seller.
He just got a response thru the bag, that it's a fake...we'll see.
NE1 notice his email addy? "sweeneysalvage@netzero.com"
This guy's a flipper, rebuilder, or just plain scammer.:finger:

If they bought it for gnx money, they got snookered. I would imagine an email or call to the gnx registry would clear up the #22 claim. No gnx dash, not a gnx.

I did notice the sellers name, "Sweenysalvage". At first I thought maybe they bought a stolen insurance recovery and maybe some items had been removed from it. Just thought I would let you guys know whats going on.

Ok last night I left the seller a message through Ebay questioning the Speedo and turbo cover. Heres my response this morn,

The dash has the number plate on it. I believe the previous owner before me had issues with the gauges and had them changed out. The turbo cover was lost by the previous owner before me. I was skeptical it was a clone or something. But I checked it out and over 95% of the parts from a gnx are still on the car. Sunroof, torque arm, computer, etc. It has to be a gnx with it having all of those hard to find parts.

If they bought it for gnx money, they got snookered. I would imagine an email or call to the gnx registry would clear up the #22 claim. No gnx dash, not a gnx.
maybe you missed it ...
see post # 2 from Doug .. he is the registry and has all the gnx vin#'s and posted "its a fake" .

Ok last night I left the seller a message through Ebay questioning the Speedo and turbo cover. Heres my response this morn,

The dash has the number plate on it. I believe the previous owner before me had issues with the gauges and had them changed out. The turbo cover was lost by the previous owner before me. I was skeptical it was a clone or something. But I checked it out and over 95% of the parts from a gnx are still on the car. Sunroof, torque arm, computer, etc. It has to be a gnx with it having all of those hard to find parts.

sunroof GNx ? guys either a real fool or depending on what hes looking to get for the car he could be a scammer, with those parts and depending on its actual condition the car could be worth some good $ maybe 1/3 of a driver Gnx , pick it up cheap and do the dash and have a real complete clone that can be driven .

edit , i just checked the auction and he stated

On Oct-04-16 at 08:17:33 PDT, seller added the following information:

I looked a little deeper into this car on option codes and nametag placement. It does NOT have the correct GNX tag numbers where they are supposed to be. It is a factory turbo GN with lots of options, factory sunroof, spoiler, power seat, etc. I contacted the dealer and checked the codes in the trunk. Someone took a lot of time and money before I bought this car to make it a "GNX clone". I am sorry for the confusion, but this is a nice "clone car".

Last edited:
If the sellers username "Sweenysalvage" does'nt raise any red flags with "any" potential buyers then l say bring on the bidding, lol.
Pretty car though.

This is getting interesting. Heres my recent message from the seller.

New message from: chris198297 (70)
I did some more digging on this car. It use to belong to dennis kirban of kirban performance in PA. It was one of his cars he redone. I called dennis and spoke to him and the vin number was in his registry that he sold about 300 of those regals. I will be getting a notarized letter soon from him to go with the car.

This is getting interesting. Heres my recent message from the seller.

New message from: chris198297 (70)
I did some more digging on this car. It use to belong to dennis kirban of kirban performance in PA. It was one of his cars he redone. I called dennis and spoke to him and the vin number was in his registry that he sold about 300 of those regals. I will be getting a notarized letter soon from him to go with the car.

how is this interesting ..so Dennis owned it and flipped it ,he flipped a lot of cars and has a list of the vins . whats the notarized letter supposed to do or change? the rear suspension (and exhaust with pitbulls) is a reproduction and only one place it could have come from was Dennis (richard clark) or more recently through pete hoffman who worked for/with Dennis for many years .

fwiw the X suspension was listed in dennis' catalog for little over 10years ago .. wasnt cheap then and now its 2500+ then add in the 900 for the required exhaust and then add in for installation which dennis loaned out the Jigs for install and isnt what most would consider cheap . its a fairly rare setup , with from what i understand was under 60 setups have been sold since they came out .
for another 2500 bucks (plus install) you can get a decent reproduction GNX gauge cluster and have a sunroof GNX clone that will make many scratch their head.

Last edited:
Thats sorta what I was refering too. A notarized letter does'nt mean squat as far as GNX authenticity goes.

Here's the bull$hit reply I just received::poop:
He's about to get one of my "famous" responses....:D
"yes sorry there was 547 of them made. I am posting this ad for my father who is older and computer illiterate. it has the sunroof, gnx torque arm, etc. we have a stock gn and this gnx. the gnx has 95 percent of gnx parts including the very hard to find torque arm and lots of others so I am very certain it is a gnx. it runs more boost than the stock gn. so therefore I know it has the McLaren auto upgraded computer. the factory computer would throw an overboost code. you can assume and flag my post all you want we are certain it is a real gnx."

He just got his ass busted w/ a Ebay fraud report. "Misrepresenting the vehicle"....We'll see how he handles that.

Now, his wife is in it!!
The latest bullshit!
"This is Christopher's wife. Do you not know what a simple mistake is? He nor his dad are trying to scam anyone. We own a salvage yard and have so many older cars sitting around that we DONT have to sell but he is wanting to free up space. There is no problem with people helping him out and giving him information on this being real or a clone but no reason to be so hateful. It seems to me that you have nothing better to do with your time. I would understand if he's still claiming its authenticity but he's corrected himself on what he thought it was. Do you wanna call me and we'll straighten this out or do we want to hide behind email? Thanks "

I told the seller to expect some backlash because the Turbobuick community does'nt take lightly to fraudulent misrepresented GNX's being sold.

Now, his wife is in it!!
The latest bullshit!
"This is Christopher's wife. Do you not know what a simple mistake is? He nor his dad are trying to scam anyone. We own a salvage yard and have so many older cars sitting around that we DONT have to sell but he is wanting to free up space. There is no problem with people helping him out and giving him information on this being real or a clone but no reason to be so hateful. It seems to me that you have nothing better to do with your time. I would understand if he's still claiming its authenticity but he's corrected himself on what he thought it was. Do you wanna call me and we'll straighten this out or do we want to hide behind email? Thanks "
This is not a simple mistake! In the ebay ad it first stated that the car was real. Only when people started to question did you say that maybe it was a fake. Then when we did the research it was discovered to be a fake, you finally admitted the truth! That is the real story!

You'd think that anyone who owns a GNX (or is in the market for one) would do their research and know how to tell if it's authentic. I wonder if he paid GNX money for that clone, since he bought it that way.
btw, I can't stand when people say in their ad..."I don't have to sell it, but..." as if they're doing us a favor and trying to guilt people into buying it. I don't trust manipulative people.

Last edited: