Found this, had to bring it here to ask.

I know most of you must have seen this car before, but i just saw it for the first time and I have to say that I'm still lifting my jaw from the floor.

lee001.jpg

lee002.jpg

lee003.jpg

If that's not a great looking car then I dont know what is, I'm really curious about it, how fast? mods?

Looks like Lee Thompson's car.

Fastest hotair ever.Mid 10's.

Don't remember what magazine it was featured in? I believe he has moved on from the hot air scene though?? Very cool guy!! -Nick.

That would be the World's Fastest Hot Air. Lee Thompson had the fastest STOCK looking Hot Air in the world. Look closely. Everything is not as stock as it looks. Leeo perfect every detail you could do on a Hot Air. The car had a Stage II block, ported 8442 heads, 208/228 camshaft, a one off underdrive crank pulley, his own modified headers and his imfamous 3inch downpipe with external wastegate. This car took years to perfect. Lee got the car into the 10.50's. I am almost sure he has BUSTED the 9's wide open just going intercooled. With detemination, he proved that anyone could put a Hot Air in the 10's.

The car looks awesome, if someone could bring more pics... I know I'll try to find more, great detail on that buildup.

Ahhh the smell of fresh paint...No telling how many hours he has wrenching on that car. I've spent a few under too. How bout you Dwayne? Those doors actually came off a white hot air I have. Nice to see em' put to good use.

Leeo, what we doing about racing this year? Morocco? Columbus is a loooong drive for me. Too long for the little guy..

Hard to believe that it's been two year since paint on that car...Time flies

Scott
Those door came of the imfamous "Maytag White T-Type"? Do you have anything left of that car? That car was killer. I tracked a blue car the same color as Leeo's with the same setup you had in yours. The guy brought the car to Larry at Fairfield Car Clinic. I was set to buy the car, but the guy ended up going to jail. I later heard that a relative burned the car up trying to get it cranked (fuse blew, AZZhole shot enough ether to knock a horse out into engine. Finally replaced fuse, BOOM:mad: )

The only left of the Maytag car is a mound of molten metal........:eek: ..........................but I've got before and after pics of the BG wall tango that Maytag was involved with.....:biggrin:

seeing pics of that car, or mainly the engine, almost makes me want to build a hot-air, almost, that has to be the most sano hot-air engine i've ever seen. didnt gm high tech do an article on the car.

Popular hot rodding had some stuff on his car I think. I first saw pics of that car in 96', it really inspired me to get going on mine.