Found on thirdgen.org: Someone parting out TTA

Tta

I emailed him like an hour after he posted it.He said he would get back to me. Then he posts that it has a deposit on it 5 days later. I live about 1/2 hour from him. Left all my contact info and said I could come and see it asap.
I hate people. I really could have used a few of the parts. I have a feeling I know who bought it.

I was browsing thirdgen.org looking for seats...well seat when I discovered that post...my driver's side seat is a little rough. I've (quietly) put the word out to a couple people here and there that I'm planning to part with my car soon, so there's a few things that if I could fix, I will, so the first thing going through my mind was "Ahh...I found my seat!!"

Sorry to hear your luck of not getting the car.

Joe

tta

Actually Dan I never even thought about you buying it. I know 2 guys in CT that have a few TTA's and part out Turbo Buicks for a living and it wasn't them either. I am still looking for the ac lines. I think I might have found a set yesterday from one of those guys.:)

I bet it was "jamieriplilb" from Florida, all his posts were deleted from that thread by him.... like he was hiding something.

I ran across pics of that car somewhere, it was pretty thrashed from behind ---

Sounds like a little of a shady deal....possibly, I don't want to assume that 100% though without knowing any details.

Actually Dan I never even thought about you buying it. I know 2 guys in CT that have a few TTA's and part out Turbo Buicks for a living and it wasn't them either. I am still looking for the ac lines. I think I might have found a set yesterday from one of those guys.:)

If people don't stop that !@#$ there will be none left. Kirban is now parting out Regals, GBody and several other individuals. Yes, it is nice to have access to a few used parts, but this is getting rediculous. I believe that if there is anyway they can be saved it should be done. There are not that many left!:frown:

I see where you're comin from vicious6. 1550 TTA's made....how many are left?? How many times has something like this happened?? I think it's worth salvaging all the parts, gettign an '89 GTA, and totally converting it with all the TTA parts minus the destroyed body parts and frame (if bent). I remember years back there was someone on the forum..or maybe on the old TTA mail list who did what I just described above. He had been in an accident bad enough to destroy the car and transplanted everything to a GTA.

Joe