Found a StageII here in Sweden, have questions!

Big Stu said:
I'll be in there too hopefully in the next year or so. All it takes it money and persistance...I have plenty of persistance! :D

Big Stu should do it based on the tutelage of the previous owner! ;)

Thanks for all Your replies, they are highly appreciated. First we hoped to get this thing running for next year, but it was alot harder to sell our cars than we expected, and I got really screwed in a trade between my TTA and a Mustang :mad:

Yes, this chassi weighed about 2300lbs. The rules of the class we aim for say a minimum weight of 2000lbs.

The first thing we´ll do now is to pick up block, heads, crank and alot of other stuff for it. We can´t use it all, much is old crap. But we do get three diffrent set of rockers, lots of unused valvesprings, revkit, carillos, etc, etc. Here are some pictures of them parts http://www.turbolunkan.com/pics(stage2).htm

The heads need to be refurbished and major bowlwork is needed, but Uffe is a good welder and we have great contact with a raceshop (former promod team). We now have to decide whether to go single or twin turbos so that we can start weld the headers.

Best regards from Sweden
/Andreas

John Wilde said:
Big Stu should do it based on the tutelage of the previous owner! ;)

You really loved that car didn't you? Sucks having to sell stuff because of other obligations. How's the new house? :)

Hello again guys!

Today Lunkan and i picked up the engine.

Geeezzz.... it sure looks funny with such a small engine in the Trans Am chassie. :eek: pics are attached.

Anyway.... we took a closer look in the cases engine and parts came with, new bearings included, i think it must be at least 5 sets of valvesprings + the revkit springs.

The bearings where TRW and Clevite.

Hehehe.... there was also a roller cam in the bottom of one case but i'll guess that we can't grind that one?

Attachments

• Engine mount 001low.jpg
    Engine mount 001low.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Engine mount 002low.jpg
    Engine mount 002low.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Engine mount 006low.jpg
    Engine mount 006low.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 120
ROTFL

You couldn´t resist, could You :p

It sure was alot of parts, but I don´t think that we´ll be able to use much of it... Take a shot of all parts too.

Lunkan said:
ROTFL

You couldn´t resist, could You :p

It sure was alot of parts, but I don´t think that we´ll be able to use much of it... Take a shot of all parts too.

Actually, the block wasen't so heavy... i lifted it in by myself..... the biggest problem is the heat right now.... :cool:

Will get some pics later today of all "crap". ;)

Some pics from all the "crap" that came with the engine.

Attachments

• Engine mount 010low.jpg
    Engine mount 010low.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Engine mount 020low.jpg
    Engine mount 020low.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 122
  • Engine mount 024low.jpg
    Engine mount 024low.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 121
  • Engine mount 023low.jpg
    Engine mount 023low.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Engine mount 025low.jpg
    Engine mount 025low.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 121
A few more.... ;)

Could some one tell us what the gold coulered aluminium pipes are for in pic #28? I found 7 of them....

Attachments

• Engine mount 027low.jpg
    Engine mount 027low.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 116
  • Engine mount 028low.jpg
    Engine mount 028low.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 116
stage engine,

swede, those go on top of the lifter , the springs set in a grove and it is part of the high rev, kit. i have a set of crowler lifters that are offset, and has the alum, sleeves like yours, good luck, oc,

odell4o8 said:
swede, those go on top of the lifter , the springs set in a grove and it is part of the high rev, kit. i have a set of crowler lifters that are offset, and has the alum, sleeves like yours, good luck, oc,

Aaahh... thank you Sir!

Should have understood that when they where in the same can as the springs for the rev kit.

Looks like we need more of them later then....

Thanks again oc!

Big Stu said:
Looks like a nice parts collection. What struts are on the front of that thing? :)

Thanks Big Stu!

From what i understand they are made by a Swedish racing company, Bjäred racing products and the complete chassie is an "old" Pro Stock, "old" means that the car has some years on it but hardly not driven.

I think that the complete chassie is made by them.

I laughed when i saw the braking pads... size is approx. 1 inch diam.... and they are only singel.... :eek:

All to save weight, i lifted the front end with one hand.

Bill and you other ones that runs with high HP, what fuel pump/pumps do you use?

Any one use mechanical pump?

Looks like we need to use twin 160 injectors for methanol.

Weldon pumps or aeromotive. Aeromotive makes a belt driven pump which some guys that make 2500+ hp use, seems to work fine for them. I am guessing you will have to run two for the volume that methanol requires? :confused: Either way, two banks of 160's is a lot of injectors. :)

Big Stu said:
Weldon pumps or aeromotive. Aeromotive makes a belt driven pump which some guys that make 2500+ hp use, seems to work fine for them. I am guessing you will have to run two for the volume that methanol requires? :confused: Either way, two banks of 160's is a lot of injectors. :)

Thanks Big Stu!

My friend is building a 422" with 3 banks of injectors.... ;)

Please have a look at www.protruck.se

He is president and i'm vicepresident in our local drag race club.

TurboTR said:
Hmm... Are you any relation to Magnus Samuelsson? lol :)

TurboTR

Aaahh.... i do see that you have done yor homework well! :cool:

Actually, Magnus is honured member in our Trans Am Club of Sweden, but.... i'm not related to him.... he owns a -77 SE TA, i'm used to work hard every day at my work as a foreman/stevedoor in our port...... have been doing this for 21 years now.... :p but my muscles seems to disapper down to lower parts of my body now.... ;)

PS: For you who don't know who Magnus is, he is a competer in strongest man in the world and have won the title once.

John Wilde said:
Here is the mechanical pump that duttweiler speced for our twin turbo small block.

http://www.watermanracing.com/

I will try and get more specific information if you want it.

Yes Sir, thank you, we need all backup and all info we can get for the moment.

Looks like the pump's are made in aluminiun, are they anoxied on the inside as well?

You know that methanol oxides pure aluminium badly.

Any one here like Bill Andersson or someone else that can mail us some pics of the build up and what parts you have used?

All info and pics can be mailed to: turbouuffe@bredband.net

Today i had a long talk with my protruck friend and he recommended us to use the biggest Holset Turbo, any one wannna chime in on this?

Thank you all so much for your help and backup on this project!