Former stolen race car

hardest... 42,000 miles ... ever.

On what planet does that look like a 42K mile car?

I don't think we've sent a probe there, yet.

UNGN said:
hardest... 42,000 miles ... ever.

On what planet does that look like a 42K mile car?

I don't think we've sent a probe there, yet.

care to explain? Looks like a 42k mile car to me in the photos. For the most part things are too oxidizied under the hood. The paint looks like it's fairly nice without too many swirl marks, and the interior looks pretty nice. I wouldn't say they were 42k easy well maintained miles on the car but that's far from a 142k mile car, unless it was very well maintained. If you're talking about the surface rust on the DP I imagine it's in a northern climate and it'll rust fairly easily. I mean heck my brother has long tubes headers on his LS1 that are jet-hot coated and after only like 1 1/2 years they're already rusting.

Surface rust on the downpipe?

Where is the original motor? It aint that one. Why the butchered hoses under the hood? Maybe it went with the fire that burned all the paint off the hood.

Have you seen the car in person or are you going by the low res photos?

Swirl marks? :) OK

The upper radiator hose is an enginering marvel. If every thing else is hacked like that he paid what it was worth .

Randy Greenoe said:
The upper radiator hose is an enginering marvel. If every thing else is hacked like that he paid what it was worth .

LOL!!! Maybe it wasn't such a good deal?

Grumpy said:
sorry but seats shouldn't be worn out in 42k :rolleyes: :eek:

AGREED!! I just put new seat covers on my 86 a couple years ago (at 160,000) and they weren't worn anything like that.

That car is showing way too much wear and tear for 42,000

alright I went back and looked at it again and looked at all the pics. Before I just glanced through a few of the pictures. I didn't even see the seat. But I'd have to agree with you all now after looking at them again, it's almost definatley 142k, unless it was some of the hardest 42k miles ever.

My car has 72k original and verified, but the drivers seat and upper rear seat are shot from sun damage. The car sat outside, uncovered and unopened for 7 years. The seats looked fine until someone sat on them, then they disintegrated. :mad:

My GN has over 250K on it and the seats look almost new. And I know a lot of you would have a hard time beleiving it has 50K let alone 150K on it. I dont know. How many of you would have paid $5K for that car? I think somebody paid to much but than thats my opinion. The first tip off should have been the salvage title. A little more research and maybe that car could have been had for way less.

$5000 for a salvage titled car? :confused: The seats tell the story. So does the carpeting, if you look closely it's had serious wear and tear. I just bought a 152k car and my seats and carpeting look just like that.

wuzzat

What's next to the line lock solenoid? :confused:

Attachments

• buick gn 142k.jpg
    buick gn 142k.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 240
441120 said:
What's next to the line lock solenoid? :confused:
My guess would be electrical conduit.

And I agree with everyone else...at least 142k hard miles.
Judging by that quality radiator hose, probably a second motor just slapped in there.

Our miles are in my sig. Our seats don't look any where near that bad. One small tear about an inch long and that it.

441120 said:
OK, behind the line lock, looks like another line lock type solenoid :confused:
Had to look twice. You're right. There is a line lock on the front and the rear. You can see the lines coming from both ports on the PM cylinder.

Doesn't make any sense?

zeus87gn said:
Doesn't make any sense?

Look at the upper radiator hose again, and then ask your self "does it really have to make sense?"

Back in the bad old days the rear line lock was an idea to help launch the car.

I know people who tried it, but I can't say it was successful.