Forester vs. Impala SS

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
This was a funny one today...
I was going to lunch with the wife when I found myself lined up next to a mid 90's LT1 impy.... we were in our 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5XT

The light changes and I give the scooby enough to pull out ahead just a little bit. Impy decides to put it to the floor and then so did I. The little TD04 spooled up and Scooby pulled away from the big Imp and just stayed there out in front. I heard the imp get a little scratch when he hit 2nd but he just couldn't pull up on us...

Wife didn't know whether to bi*ch at me or laugh...:biggrin: :D

LOL!! I have a friend with an impy and swears it is a beast. Did he get angry and stop half a car back at the next light?? Good kill... Cool wife! My boss lives in lake in the hills and says his neighbor has a MC SS. I keep begging him to buy a buick and spank him weekly.

LOL!! I have a friend with an impy and swears it is a beast. Did he get angry and stop half a car back at the next light??

Hehehe... He was a guido. He definitely looked like he was miffed that the little subaru SUV got'em.:D

My wife has an '07 Outback XT Subaru. We pulled one of the newer 400 horse GTO's past 70. The guy wouldn't even look over at the next light.

I'm driving an '08 Forester XT that's stock and I'm amazed at what I can hang with/beat.

Its a 5-speed and I'm sure it would take out a stock Imp SS no prob. It smokes all the little G35's, turbo Audis and VW's along with alot of the "My modded Diesel is badass" guys too.

I'll take it to the track real soon. Should be strong low 14's in good air judging from others around here.

I'm driving an '08 Forester XT that's stock and I'm amazed at what I can hang with/beat.

Its a 5-speed and I'm sure it would take out a stock Imp SS no prob. It smokes all the little G35's, turbo Audis and VW's along with alot of the "My modded Diesel is badass" guys too.

I'll take it to the track real soon. Should be strong low 14's in good air judging from others around here.

Gotta love it! I just ginned up a custom calibration for my '04. Now its running with STi tables for ignition, cam timing, and fuel. All the software is free! Downloaded it from enginuity.com and openecu.com These little forester's really are the Typhoon of the 2000's.

the factory turbo cars are alot faster than their #s let on, I cant tell how many "faster" cars I have busted in my wifes 2.0T passat wagon....with a baby seat in it and him waving.

Nice kill.

I didn't think that the XT had a td04. That turbo seems waay to small for the 2.5. For those that don't know, this is a toned down version of the STi's motor.

Nick

Yup - love the Forester XT- wife justed picked up an 07 limited- Already added a STI axel back/ STI intercooler and have a VF39 sitting in the shelf waiting for the tunning software to come out. Then we can get it tuned and then open a HUGE CAN OF WOOP ASS.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Cobb has the v2 Accessport that will work with the XT's ecu. I have a good vendor to get them through, pm me if you are interested.

Nick

Cobb has the v2 Accessport that will work with the XT's ecu. I have a good vendor to get them through, pm me if you are interested.

Nick

There isn't much to choose from for 07 models except UTEC ($1k). The 07 models are canibus coded IIRC. V2 ACC. is 06 and older.
If the wifes car was an 06 it would be running 12's in the 1/4 mile. Will just have to wait to bring the 'hurt'.;)
Joel

Pick up an '04-'06 STi ecu then. It is what the XT guys used to do before there was em for the cars.

Nick

I will have to look into the sti ecu- but it dont think it will work- I thought the whole computer/ wiring was different?:confused:
Joel