Foreign Currency

slow305

One Cool Guy
WTF people? Since I've been gone (less than a year) the US dollar has fallen considerably.

XE.com - Free Currency Charts (AUD/USD)

Why is the AU dollar worth more than the US dollar? This country has only 30 million people!

Sh!t is EXPENSIVE in Australia ($4.00 for a carton of eggs expensive) but it is looking better and better looking to stay here long-term only because of the national pride. People have pride in domestic workmanship like I haven't seen in America since the 80's. All meats, agriculture, clothes and production (short of electronics) are manufactured domestically, which ensures not only tax revenue but long-term economic stability.

In addition, this county has so many natural resources that it could self-sustain for decades to come. The only thing holding it back are the environmentalists, who think that a country of 30 million are seriously effecting global climate change :D.

I don't even need a cell phone or cable TV living here. It really is like living in the 1950's America out here, except for the $6.60/gal gas prices (but it's 95 ocatane! :eek:)

I am a veteran and love my country, but it is really looking more and more like America is going down the sh!t hole. Please give me some positive feedback that will make me want to come back.

Sorry for the link, here's the picture:

USD vd AUD.jpg

Its very sad what this country has become!! Im only 25 and just in my time ive seen it goto shyte!!I can only imagine what the elders have seen!! I live in NJ and its probly one of the worste states to live in!! Hows the hunting in Australia??

Hows the hunting in Australia??

Lol, no guns. I've heard you can have one under special circumstances, but that gives the good 'ole Australian government the right to drop by whenever they want to make sure you have the gun locked up and the bullets in a different room.

There are some of the best 4x4 trails I've ever seen though. This is about 3 minutes away from my house:

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0390.jpg
    IMG_0390.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 66
It's happening because the US government is "monetizing the debt". Meaning: They are printing money to pay for their debts and bailouts. More money total in circulation means any money that an individual is holding is less valuable than before. It's the basic definition of inflation. It mainly taxes the wealthy, debt free people over the long run, but it taxes EVERYONE in america. No one would vote in a huge tax hike, so this is a more secretive way of screwing us. Theoretically they could pull the money back out of circulation over time but we all know that won't happen.

How does it tax the debt free people more? Well if you look at debt, with interest on it, say you bought a $100,000 house at ~4% interest last year, and got it locked in for 30. If inflation causes the dollar to lose, say, 5% of its value annually, the bank is losing in the long run. By the time that loan is run out, that $600 monthly payment won't buy the banker $hit. But if you are holding money in cash or electronic cash form (just sitting in savings) it is getting a few percent less valuable every year, relative to the cost of the goods you will eventually purchase with it. Which is why people flock to gold or real estate in times like this. Tangible assets will always have value and will go up with the inflation and not be victim to it. Even if inflation doesn't keep up with or surpass the interest on your debt, it still affects it in a way that helps the person in debt. Mainly large debt like a house. Credit cards and such, they're gonna eat you alive no matter what. Interest on those will kill you.

At least that's my interpretation of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Please.