Ford keeps their customers happy, what about GM?

I just saw the new 65 Mustang.. Looks great BUT it's $15k .. Wonder how much of a market there is.. Hmmmm after thinking they had to know/think they could sell him. I know someone who had a 65 convert brand new.. A LONG TIME AGO :p Now if ya put a Buick motor in it... never mind.. Have enuff hybrids here now. :biggrin:

Still cool, but why isn't GM doing this for the 1st gen Camaro and several other classics that people would love to be able to buy?

Because it's GM. There are many reasons Ford has surpassed GM and Chrysler in every possible aspect. This is just one small reason.

Because it's GM. There are many reasons Ford has surpassed GM and Chrysler in every possible aspect. This is just one small reason.

That's very true. No doubt that Ford is the product leader right now, by a long shot.

Finally Ford is using their brain.... hmmm buy this body for 15K then another 10K plus for interior/trim, maybe another 5 to 10K for a drive line, then say 5 to 10K for a nice paint job... so we'll round the project off at 40K. Not calculating in your time and moving this thing all around and dealing with a "project" or... do you spend 8K, turn the key, and drive the car down the road today!? Ford : Mustang | eBay just another brainless idea from Ford! Guess they figure a lot of idiots with too much money for their own good will run to buy these up just to say they have one. IMO was one of the most ugly body styles they ever had. Where is the throw up smiley when you need it! :biggrin:

Now when your done with that it will be worth something! :cool:

Really ???? :rolleyes: Just like these new 65 Mustangs :p Like I said most of the people that like these cars are dead. BUT I guess they have a good following.

Attachments

• IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 168
Ford isn't manufacturing these, Dynacorn is. The difference between the camaro shells and these mustang ones is that Ford is putting their name on the mustangs and licensing them, whereas GM hasn't licensed Dynacorn to use the Camaro name on those.

Edit -- it looks like they are using the Camaro name, they must have gotten it licensed.

Ford isn't manufacturing these, Dynacorn is. The difference between the camaro shells and these mustang ones is that Ford is putting their name on the mustangs and licensing them, whereas GM hasn't licensed Dynacorn to use the Camaro name on those.

Edit -- it looks like they are using the Camaro name, they must have gotten it licensed.

ok old age here... What does "licensing them" mean ??? Come with a VIN# ??:confused:

Sorry, I mean that Dynacorn pays GM or Ford a certain fee to be able to use their logos, names, and trademarks.

if it came with a vin# wouldn't it have to comply with todays safety regulations?
air bags, crush what ever its called, anti-lock brakes???

They're sold as re-bodies. Essentially the same as cloning, but a step above.

Where we used to put a date coded 440 and 727 together, into a SB 67 Belvedere, with the right other RB asociated parts, a couple scoops, and a couple rivets on a jamb, and call it a GTX, now you can do the same with your growing number of rotted out useless hulk's of musclecar nostalgia.

Except that, for the attentive, there are a few minor variation's made on the original's which make rebodying obvious to the collector without provenance.

Ford just got killed in the latest JD Powers quality report. They do have some interesting cars, but I'll tak a new Camaro!

The new Z28 is going to have over 500HP. If the government was really involved that auto would never be built.

Pete

Here is a fun fact about the 1964 mustang. On april 17 1964 the mustang was unveiled at the worlds fair and 22,000 of them were sold that day according to the history channel website.

Now to put that in perspective, 87 gn just over 20,000 made. That is exactly why I can't stand going to a car show and seeing a mustang or a camaro. They were made by the millions (slightly exaggerated) were a turbo Buick is a rarity on that scale.

As far as Ford goes, out of the big 3 they have their head the furthest out of their butt. GM still has their head partially in the sand.