For those with rear discs, which proportioning valve fits best?

Why even fool with the stock combination valve? Just do what I did and install the adjustable one and the mounting bracket, leave the stock one there and call it a day... Then you can adjust the brake bias the way you like it...
My current one is not brass (car only has 19k on it so I don't think it was ever replaced), so I would like to replace it anyways. If I am going through that trouble to replace it, I might as well just get a complete adjustable proportioning valve/distribution block in one.

I would like to have a combo valve like that but i dont think one is available to fit in the stock location and use stock lines!

I would like to have a combo valve like that but i dont think one is available to fit in the stock location and use stock lines!
You are correct, I have not seen an adjustable one that looks like the factory one and none of the adjustable ones out there today will mount up in the stock location either...

Plus who really wants to lay on the ground and reach under their car to make the adjustments to the brake bias when it's MUCH easier to do under the hood by the master cylinder?

I even looked for a simple fitting with built in restriction to go inline with a fixed non-adjustable say 50% reduction, and couldn't find anything.

I think the adjustable valves all pretty much look like the Baer unit, and go inline as shown.

I'm planning on running a manual setup with my 6F/4R piston calipers and want to make sure i am getting the flow to the rear i need that is why i wanted to remove the un-needed parts in the brass valve and then use a adjustable to fine tune it.

You are correct, I have not seen an adjustable one that looks like the factory one and none of the adjustable ones out there today will mount up in the stock location either...

Plus who really wants to lay on the ground and reach under their car to make the adjustments to the brake bias when it's MUCH easier to do under the hood by the master cylinder?

I actually think exactly the opposite. I think it's much easier to lay on the ground then have to pop the hood every single time you adjust it. Get out of the car, lean down, and adjust. Besides, how many times are you actually gonna do it once you have it dialed in? Unless you adjust it for auto-x every single race, I see no need if you drive on the street, set it and forget it. I'd be more than happy to lay on the ground a few times to dial it in, then pop hood adjust, pop hood adjust, pop hood adjust......

I did decide to go with the Wilwood one that TurboNasty posted about earlier. I'm not too worried about it not being direct fit. I can take care of my own lines and then I only have one unit to worry about.

Here is a file showing what needs to be done with the proportioning valve. I haven't done this so I don't have first hand knowledge of results.

Attachments

• Prop_Valve_Mod_Instructions.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 224
Here is a file showing what needs to be done with the proportioning valve. I haven't done this so I don't have first hand knowledge of results.
According to what I have done to my car your factory combination valve does Not Need this done to run disc brakes! And like I mentioned before that only Some Regal's came with the combination valves on them that Can be modified and some Did Not! The modification is simply just another way to skin the cat IF the combination valve you have has the cap that unscrews in order to do the modification....

Like I said before, I never touched my factory combination valve and just installed the BAER brake proportioning valve and I can stop my car from 75mph within 3 seconds! The way I done it seems to work flawlessly!

Scot W.,
If you wouldn't mind can you PM me what you actually did in order to install the Baer prop valve? I need to install mine so the rear brakes work the way they should.

Scot W.,
If you wouldn't mind can you PM me what you actually did in order to install the Baer prop valve? I need to install mine so the rear brakes work the way they should.
It's nothing real special so I will post it here so everyone can see what I did.....

1) I installed the Front & Rear BAER disc brakes..
2) I installed the BAER proportioning valve bracket that mounts under the brake master cylinder.
3) I installed the BAER proportioning valve to the bracket.
4) I then took the (Front) line off the master cylinder and put it to the "Out" side of the BAER prop valve. Then I made a new line to go from the "In" side of the BAER prop valve back to the (Front) hole of the master cylinder.
5) I removed the old brake fluid from the reservoir with a turkey baster then I added new brake fluid to the brake reservoir.
6) I bleed all the brakes with a cheap power bleeder.
7) Took the car out for a drive and adjusted the BAER prop valve a bit then done my brake bedding process as per the BAER instructions.

Never once did I fool with the stock combination valve!

engine pic\'s 046.jpg engine pic\'s 048.jpg

It's nothing real special so I will post it here so everyone can see what I did.....

1) I installed the Front & Rear BAER disc brakes..
2) I installed the BAER proportioning valve bracket that mounts under the brake master cylinder.
3) I installed the BAER proportioning valve to the bracket.
4) I then took the (Front) line off the master cylinder and put it to the "Out" side of the BAER prop valve. Then I made a new line to go from the "In" side of the BAER prop valve back to the (Front) hole of the master cylinder.
5) I removed the old brake fluid from the reservoir with a turkey baster then I added new brake fluid to the brake reservoir.
6) I bleed all the brakes with a cheap power bleeder.
7) Took the car out for a drive and adjusted the BAER prop valve a bit then done my brake bedding process as per the BAER instructions.

Never once did I fool with the stock combination valve!

View attachment 167033 View attachment 167034

Scott, did you havet to purchace an adapter fitting to connect the front brake line to the out side proportioning valve? If so, what size or did you flare it yourself?

You get some adapter fittings with the valve.

Here is the kit pic. from Baer's website.

I believe they are 3/16" and 1/4" brake line to the 1/8" NPT that screws into the valve itself (Red ends).

I re-flared the ends to fit my car.

Prop Valve.jpg

Yeah I see that I will have to reflare mine and reuse the 9/16" off the front line.
It's impossible to find adapters.