FMIC Intercooler piping question?

6-Banger

I have a TE-44 with the small garrett exhaust housing, also I recently purchased a FMIC from ebay. I have the intercooler mounted and wanted to know what size of piping should I go with 2.5" or 3"? The intercooler has a 3" inlet and outlet,but I still have my factory D5 convertor. I may eventually go with a bigger turbo, but not for awhile. Will there be a big difference in turbo lag between the 2.5 and the 3" piping? How much more turbo lag will I realize just from the change from the stock intercooler to the FMIC?

go with 3" so you won't have to do it again later... bigger pipes less restiction cooler air...

That's what I was thinking, but I am worried about losing streetability due to excessive turbo lag.

You will never notice the difference in lag between 2.5 and 3" piping so go 3" now. I couldn't tell a difference in lag between a stock big neck ic and a V2 frontmount with 2.5" pipes with a te34 which is smaller than your 44, and again with a pt54 when I changed from 2.5 to 3" pipes.