Florida car insurance

87natl

Fade 2 Black
I'm wanting to revisit my car insurance now, looking at the money I've got piled into my machine at this point, I'm getting a bit paranoid. Thinking about what it would cost to start this process all over, and what my insurance company would likely give me in the event of a total loss is.....frightening.

So, those of you in FLA, and particualrly central FLA, what are you doing for insurance these days? I'm not interestd in a collector's car insurance tht will only alow me to drive my car to shows. I like to hop in and take it anywhere, anytime. I could probably keep my annual mileage in the 5k range if needed, but the main thing isI want to protect myself from total loss or theft. I'd like to insure my car up to around 20k.

Thoughts? Carriers? Costs? I open this up for discussion!!!!!!!

insurance

I investigated this issue and contacted at least 20 insurance companies, both collector and regular insurance companies. I found no suitable solution to this problem. They all had generally the same rules and requirements, which suck! It's a unfair game with unfair rules, set up to benifit the insurance companies. I had all my reciepts, an independant appraisal, and alot of photo documentation, but it didn't matter to the insurance companies. If you have better luck than me, let me know.:(

Try Classic Automobile Insurance Agency, 1-800-397-0765. Their policies on miles, value and where you can drive are all very liberal. You can determine declared value and how many miles a year. But...you must have another car registered and insured in your name that is officially your daily driver and the car you are insuring must be garaged.

Same question for the Classic iron...

Some good Co's with stated or appraised value coverage on this thread.

Insurance?? - V8Buick.com

Maybe do a search over there for some more carriers... I know it's been discussed repeatedly over the last 4yrs...lol.

Don't know if some only cover the 70's and earlier, but doesn't hurt to give them a call.

Good luck

I know they cover newer vehicles if they feel they are collector cars. I have my '91 Syclone and '93 Typhoon insured with them as well, and a friend has his Viper with them.

Car Insurance

I have Allstate on my 87 GN, and enjoy driving it anywhere and everywhere I want. They insured me for the value of the car which they have for over 25k.

This is nice to know.... and I have Zero Comprehensive deductible and 250 collision. My semi-annual payment is 269.00 for six months. That's 558.00 for the year, which to me isn't so bad. My 03 Cobra had cost me almost 700.00 bucks for six months and I have a perfect driving record, and every discount imaginable.

I have Allstate on my 87 GN, and enjoy driving it anywhere and everywhere I want. They insured me for the value of the car which they have for over 25k.

This is nice to know.... and I have Zero Comprehensive deductible and 250 collision. My semi-annual payment is 269.00 for six months. That's 558.00 for the year, which to me isn't so bad. My 03 Cobra had cost me almost 700.00 bucks for six months and I have a perfect driving record, and every discount imaginable.

Now THAT sounds about right!!!!!!!!! WHere are you located, and who's your agent????

I see you are only 1 year older than me, and I have a super clean driving record as well. I WANT this deal!

Go Grundy

Try Grundy Insurance. Cheapest One I Found For My Gn. 25k Coverage For 300.00.. You Cant Go Wrong.

I Had Haggerty And They Are Not Good With Turbo Buicks, Grundy Saved Me Alot.

insurance

I feel the same way about limitations and even if something were to happen (like a theft) in wal mart parking lot, are you going to have to prove that you came from a show? I also have the grand camino insured with allstate for $65,000. An appraisal was needed but they have no limitations.