Fix for Auto Meter Ultra Lite Night Visability

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I have had Auto Meter Ultra Lite gauges in my GN since the 90's when I made my dash and I have always been very unhappy with the dim lighting. I had to replace the speedo just so I could see the damn thing at night with a Ultra lite II that has improved lighting. A few years ago I called Auto Meter and they suggested some yellow LED's they sell for 9.95 each (see pics), which I bought and it actually made it worse.
I was getting ready to throw them all out recently and start over with new gauges when I thought I would try one more time to fix the problem. I contacted Superbrightleds.com and they set me up with some LED's that solved my problem. The bulbs plug right in and are very very bright, they look like they have little computer chips attached to them (see pic). I took a pic of the before and after of the dash but the before pic was taken in the daytime so its hard to see how truely pathetic the lighting was, but if you own the same gauges you understand. So if you want to see your gauges, you know, when you drive the car, give these guys a call.
Mike

Attachments

• DSC03016.jpg
    DSC03016.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 274
  • DSC03019.jpg
    DSC03019.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 191
  • DSC03029.jpg
    DSC03029.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 277
What model # led did you get for the direct replacement? I went to the the site and see theres quite a few. Thx!!