First time out with alky kit....very slow boost up...

The pressure met light is definitely coming on at 5lbs. Not sure if this is too low or will effect performance at such a low boost. I definitely will adjust if I need to.

I just wondering though....if I`m not seeing any knock yet with the knob set at 3 then why should I turn it to? I was planning to increase boost and advance timing a little at a time until I saw knock and then turn to 4 or maybe 5.

Would excessive alcohol effect performance at WOT?

Like Julio said set it and forget it 6 on the controller won't hurt anything but 3 is to low if you planning on turning up the BOOST!!!

thanks JD

Once you set it to 6 then pull fuel to get it back where it needs to be then add timing

The pressure met light is definitely coming on at 5lbs. Not sure if this is too low or will effect performance at such a low boost. I definitely will adjust if I need to.

I just wondering though....if I`m not seeing any knock yet with the knob set at 3 then why should I turn it to? I was planning to increase boost and advance timing a little at a time until I saw knock and then turn to 4 or maybe 5.

Would excessive alcohol effect performance at WOT?

Pressure met is green not red.

If you move your turnon CW a little it will raise when the system turns on. Doing so will give less alky at 20 PSI. having it turnon at 3 PSI is way too low. And setting the knob low like 3-4 will make the pump lazy when hitting test or going into boost.

You need the system to turn RED at 7 PSI. Period. If you have a leak to your boost gauge, it will read lower than it should, So a crack in the line will bleed of pressure and give you a wrong reading. You better be sure your gauge is not the issue. MAP sensors are usually very accurate. Again, go into the controller and check the turnon voltage is set to 2.2 volts. If so, then your gauge is messed up.. and your running more boost than you think.

If you need specific instructions on doing the voltage check, pick up the phone and call me. I trust a MAP sensor more than I do a mechanical gauge.

As posted above. Put the knob on 6 and leave it alone until you see knock.

Double checked a few things today. The turn-on red LED is coming on just before I make 1lb boost. I`m even double checking this with the stock boost gauge as my pillar mounted gauge and the stock gauge work in conjunction. I would say that maybe they are off 1lb or even 2lbs(since they are hard to watch at the same time). The green LED(pressure met) is on at 5lbs. I double checked all the lines. Everything looks good. I have all connections/unions zip tied.

I will double check the settings in the alky controller to make sure they are properly set. My TT chip is labeled on the back 21/23*. I have the base timing on my Translator set 4 deg. advanced. WOT left alone so far.

2 questions.....
1.) Razor...your instructions explain that if the gain knob is set at minimum and you don`t see knock then you may have too much alcohol being sprayed. Thus turning the "initial" screw counterclockwise in the controller will reduce the ramp and put less alky in the motor. Specifically explained..."until the motor just has enough alky to curb detonation but not too much. The idea is to run sufficient injection as to permit running the desired boost and timing levels without detonation. Anymore above or beyond will only increase consumption". So at this point if I turn the knob to 6 then I begin to smell the alky in the car again. Is this too much? Am I just consuming alcohol?

2.) Do I set it the gain knob to 6, start trimming WOT fuel until I see 770s 780s o2 or closer 128 BLs? Then start advancing WOT timing? Or leave the gain knob at 3 where it is now and start adding more boost until I see detonation and then add more alky with the gain knob, maybe 4 or 5. Until no knock and then back to increasing boost... increasing both one after another until I reach my desired level?

Since my car is finally running much better I just want to make the next adjustments in the right direction.

Double checked a few things today. The turn-on red LED is coming on just before I make 1lb boost. I`m even double checking this with the stock boost gauge as my pillar mounted gauge and the stock gauge work in conjunction. I would say that maybe they are off 1lb or even 2lbs(since they are hard to watch at the same time). The green LED(pressure met) is on at 5lbs. I double checked all the lines. Everything looks good. I have all connections/unions zip tied.

Your stock boost guage works with a 2 bar MAP. If the stock boost gauge and aftermarket boost gauge work evenly.. then you DO NOT have a 3 bar MAP. Part number on the 3 bar is 12223861. Better check that number is on the sensor. Ignition ON , engine not running it will read 1.6 volts DC. A 2 bar will read 2.4 volts DC. You need a 3 bar for the kit to function correctly and not flood out the motor. Plus with a 3 bar in place of your factory 2 bar, the LED on the factory cluster will start to light up at 7 PSI.

Confirm this first. Sounds like there is the wrong MAP sensor with your kit.