first time at track

hiboom

Hiboom
we'll I finely went, drove the car 65 miles to kcir test and tune to try it out.don't know why I thought I'd be able to turn a good time with g 60 street tires and 25 lbs. of boost lets say it was a hand full keeping it straight.I'm all most embarrass to post times,I don't think I've ever seen a worse 60 ft. time.What do you guys thing a good set of drag radials help.?made one other pass almost identical time left line with 3 lbs of boost 2200 rpm.
R/T....477
60'....2.393
1/8....8.700
MPH....88.15
1/4....13.185
MPH....108.10

Was that you in the Rosewood colored T type?

Yes a set of drag slicks would help some. But also when you launch, you might want to bring up some boost off the line. That means you'll have to foot brake it and hold the gas but not let the rear tires spin. It can be tricky until you get it nailed right.

kcir

Yes,That was me.I just never got around to taken the car down a actual track plenty of wide open blast on street and highways just never at a track just wanted a time sheet with a actual time so i would know how close i was in comparison with other times posted.I watched your car go down the track several times.i don't think it runs or acts like a wiped lobe on a cam shaft.It run to strong for that.I've had 2 engines with wiped lobes and they didn't run that good.I'll post a video of losing traction with vac brakes couldn't hold much boost 60 foot sucked

Were you trying to heat the tires up in the 60'?:eek:

What size rim do you have? I run a nt05r on 17's for the street and have a set of qtp's for the strip. Both hold the cars power but the 15's are much lighter setup and usually .4 quicker in the 1/4,

What was your 60 ft.?

The first guy I raced against was a Monte Carlo SS. He didn't have a posi and spun so bad he only got a 3 something 60 ft.

Do you have a posi?