First Time at Track for both me and my car

I hope it does not cost him a motor , put the tt chip in and tune , I have seen another try this stock chip avenue against recommends and caused detonation and now it sits needing a motor.

if it needs a new stock motor I got one freshly rebuilt ;) .... ive only blown head gaskets on a stock tta an gn long blocks lol ... before I mash on mine it has to have a TT chip adj fp reg an scanmaster .... then gets a new fp an hotwire .... just the bascics

Thanks for the posts. I really like the TTA's, was looking for one when I fell onto the GN. Stock with 34K, would love to drive that car.

I was working on the car last night. I pulled it out of the garage, started it and tried to adjust the fuel pressure down to 39 and it dropped to 20 and would go no higher and then stalled. I could not get it running again. I got the wife in the car, then tried to push it back into the garage. Couldn't do it, the incline was too much and not being able to push hard on the grill did not help. Then I get the small lawn tractor and back up to front bumper, use pool noodles and start pushing. The tractor left skid marks all the way into the garage but it got er done on the fourth try. Try number one, I back up to car and push 1-2 feet then tractor just sits and spins. Try number two, I push 1-2 feet and then lean way back like a tractor puller and lift off the seat and the kill switch kills the motor. I need to get off, get jump pack and restart tractor (battery is dead). Third try I drop the noodles, get off tractor and it cuts off again, then jump pack again. Fourth try, full throttle (not saying much for a 8hp rear engine rider) and she squeels the tires all the way into the garage.
As I sat in the car, with a glass of wine in one hand and a box of tissues in the other, staring at the fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield, wondering why it would not go up no matter what I did to the fuel regulator, I stopped sobbing long enough to realize that maybe I ran out of fuel??
I will grab some fuel on my way home tonight.
What a kick in the nether-regions if I ran out of gas for the second time.
Will post tonight the outcome.
Joel

Thanks for the posts. I really like the TTA's, was looking for one when I fell onto the GN. Stock with 34K, would love to drive that car.

I was working on the car last night. I pulled it out of the garage, started it and tried to adjust the fuel pressure down to 39 and it dropped to 20 and would go no higher and then stalled. I could not get it running again. I got the wife in the car, then tried to push it back into the garage. Couldn't do it, the incline was too much and not being able to push hard on the grill did not help. Then I get the small lawn tractor and back up to front bumper, use pool noodles and start pushing. The tractor left skid marks all the way into the garage but it got er done on the fourth try. Try number one, I back up to car and push 1-2 feet then tractor just sits and spins. Try number two, I push 1-2 feet and then lean way back like a tractor puller and lift off the seat and the kill switch kills the motor. I need to get off, get jump pack and restart tractor (battery is dead). Third try I drop the noodles, get off tractor and it cuts off again, then jump pack again. Fourth try, full throttle (not saying much for a 8hp rear engine rider) and she squeels the tires all the way into the garage.
As I sat in the car, with a glass of wine in one hand and a box of tissues in the other, staring at the fuel pressure gauge taped to the windshield, wondering why it would not go up no matter what I did to the fuel regulator, I stopped sobbing long enough to realize that maybe I ran out of fuel??
I will grab some fuel on my way home tonight.
What a kick in the nether-regions if I ran out of gas for the second time.
Will post tonight the outcome.
Joel

Waiting...

put fuel on car cranked down regulator and cant ger over 10 psi

turn the key on and i hear pump but pressure does not budge

pump is new along with hot wire

will continue trouble shooting tomorrow

bummer

not looking forward to dropping tank again

joel

put fuel on car cranked down regulator and cant ger over 10 psi

turn the key on and i hear pump but pressure does not budge

pump is new along with hot wire

will continue trouble shooting tomorrow

bummer

not looking forward to dropping tank again

joel

I bet the fuel line between the pump and the hanger is split or loose.

i hope i dont have to drop the tank it is just not fun i need to turn the car around in and out of garage by hand

i hope i dont have to drop the tank it is just not fun i need to turn the car around in and out of garage by hand

I have pulled quite a few tanks and if it make you feel better the one in our cars is one of the easiest ones.

We took a look at it tonight. Not making pressure but is powers up. Sounds like there is no load so either the hose is toast or the impeller in the pump broke. The tank has to come out unfortunately. Aren't these cars a joy?:rolleyes:

pronto was over last night and a huge thanks to pronto
well pump os running with zero pressure and zero load when listening to it
will pull tank this week and see what i find
pump is brand new 340
will be very unhappy if something other than hose
thanks guys
joel

OK, dropped the tank. the hose looks fine to the eye. How do I go about bench testing a pump without getting killed?
Thanks,
And thanks again Pronto for coming over!!
Joel

Attachments

• 03192013 002.jpg
    03192013 002.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 119
  • 03192013 001.jpg
    03192013 001.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 116
I see the pump # f2000 but does it say 169 after that. There were a lot of failures with a particular walboro and you may have one????

OK, dropped the tank. the hose looks fine to the eye. How do I go about bench testing a pump without getting killed?
Thanks,
And thanks again Pronto for coming over!!
Joel
Did you pinch the return line before you dropped the tank?

Thank you for the extremely fast responses!! It does say 169 after it. I just bought this thing from G-body not even three months ago. It has less than 1000 miles on it, closer to 500, I could count the minutes run much less hours. Why would someone sell a pump with known high rate of failure?? What a bummer. When in the car I could hear it running but no fuel pressure at all. Is it worth bench testing? Not sure what else could have gone wrong? I tested two different fuel regulators, one known good one and one brand new one also purchased from g-body. Regardless not sure why I'd put a known problematic pump back into the car? I'm a bit agrivated. I purched a fuel pressure guage for the fuel rail and that thing leaked like a sive, I just let that go, but this is super frustrating.
I hope I'm missing something.
Joel

I did not pinch the line, not sure what I would've seen? We tried two different fuel regulators and there was absolutely no difference in pressure. Nothing has changed with the fuel lines and there are no external leaks.
Joel

If you do a web search that is a number that has had failure rates years ago, I am sure g-body does not open every box and inspect the items. Do a bench test just momentarily and see if it will pump, if not give them a call Monday and see if they will take care of it? But ya gotta test it to know for sure.

Thanks thumper, how do I go about bench testing? Do I need to use fuel? I've not bench tested a fuel pump before.

Not trying to be difficult, but when you are selling something as painful to swap out as a fuel pump, and there are known bad pumps out there, part of your process should be ensuring you don't pass them on to clients.

Not like pep boys where I can simply drive over, hand to the counter and they hand me a new one, now I have to go through the shipping back and forth routine. No fun.

Sorry, but I am super frustrated, like all the guys and galls here, it is one thing to fix stuff for a good reason, it is an entirely other matter when you have to fix stuff you should not have to fix.

If it is in fact bad, I got very lucky that it failed in my driveway. If it is not the pump, I'll not reinstall regardless if known to be bad stock. However, if it is not the pump I've got a bit of a mystery on my hands.

Thanks again Thumper.
Joel