*3inch down pipe
*single shot , magnaflow exhaust
*Rjc Front mount " Large "
*atr wastegate :(
*Rjc power plate
*Maf Translator Plus
*4 inch maf pipe.
*unopened motor, stock converter

The car has never been tuned, But for some reason wont go over 13# of boost.. I believe there is something wrong with the wastegate, its a older stlye Atr, I tried to adjust it with the screw to turn the boost up.. No deal

I just recently purchased an Turbonetics racegate & manual boost controller.. Hoping this would help out with the boost problem.. & I also have a Pts Stall 3400 l/u ..

do you think these will help..

once you figure the 13psi issue, new wastegate and mbc should fix that, i think you should be ready for some fun:)

the converter should really wake the car up off the line and help that 2.3xx 60ft time!

atr wastegates hang up and rust if the car does some long time sitting.

Do some street tuning and get the boost to around 24 psi and no knock, then creep up on some timing...

Mid 11s no problem next time to the track

PS, 20 mph pickup from the 1/8th to 1/4 on 13 psi is damn good, some cars with a te44 dont even do that at 20psi.

Your on the right track, just resolve the convertor and wastegate issue:)

BW

atr wastegates hang up and rust if the car does some long time sitting.

Do some street tuning and get the boost to around 24 psi and no knock, then creep up on some timing...

Mid 11s no problem next time to the track

PS, 20 mph pickup from the 1/8th to 1/4 on 13 psi is damn good, some cars with a te44 dont even do that at 20psi.

Your on the right track, just resolve the convertor and wastegate issue:)

BW

Man it just made me smile to know that something in this run was good.. the car took off slow as hell then started scooting once a 1/2 of way down the track..

It's frustrating to see so many fast cars with parts not even compairable to mine... but I guess its all in the tune.. But I wont stop until I get there :biggrin:

also I have a caspers knock gauge that stays bouncing in the red but nothing is showing up on the Scanmaster.. " False knock "

Bryan is right. The old ATR WGs will get stuck open and you will not build any boost whatsoever. Ask me how I know.:redface:

Uh oh

first run on with converter & Turbonetics boost controller, MT ET/Streets 255/60/15

2psi Launch.. " car pushes off if I try anything above this "
I1: 1.516 :biggrin:
I2: 4.967
I3: 7.800

Mph (I3) 86.823

E.T. : 12.407 "18 Psi Run..

MPH : 99.008 " Let off @ end of the run because I started seeing knock on SM "

something went bad though.. I lost a valve cover breather on the track & oil was all over my engine bay... thought I might have blown a head gasket, so I called it a night.. car drove home some what fine.. But i def, think I broke the tranny....

Once I got home & checked the oil. It was not milky :confused: its about a 10mile ride home.. & the car never went over 180 degrees the whole way home.. So did I blow a head gasket ??

There is a loud noise almost like an exhaust leak . whats the chance that I blew a header gasket or cracked a header.... there is also excessive oil drippin down the back off the torque converter cover....

Any Info will be appreciated..

sounds like you may have blew the head gasket into the lifter valley! loud ticking, with high crankcase pressures, blowin oil... could be bud:(

good part would be it does not leak coolant into the oil when blown into the lifter valley. hth

Yeah thats kind of what i was thinkin, oh well I guess I'll go for the rebuild..
Thats what I get for not having the car tuned.... but oh well I had fun :D The motor has never been opened so it was bound to happen..

So i guess this is my chance to change valve springs & add a Cam

might want to do a compression test just to verify that the head gasket is the problem, and not something else before you tear into it:)

first run on with converter & Turbonetics boost controller, MT ET/Streets 255/60/15

2psi Launch.. " car pushes off if I try anything above this "
I1: 1.516 :biggrin:
I2: 4.967
I3: 7.800

Mph (I3) 86.823

E.T. : 12.407 "18 Psi Run..

MPH : 99.008 " Let off @ end of the run because I started seeing knock on SM "

something went bad though.. I lost a valve cover breather on the track & oil was all over my engine bay... thought I might have blown a head gasket, so I called it a night.. car drove home some what fine.. But i def, think I broke the tranny....

Once I got home & checked the oil. It was not milky :confused: its about a 10mile ride home.. & the car never went over 180 degrees the whole way home.. So did I blow a head gasket ??

There is a loud noise almost like an exhaust leak . whats the chance that I blew a header gasket or cracked a header.... there is also excessive oil drippin down the back off the torque converter cover....

Any Info will be appreciated..

Geeezzzz, all that trouble on only 18# of boost, and a 12.4x ! :eek:

You'll need to figure out why you can only run 18# and still cause all that trouble, or it will for sure happen again.

What kind of gas you runnin'?

All I run here is straight 93 octane, and am still able to run 20-21# of trouble free boost daily

Sounds like some serious tuning is in order!

The highest octane we have is 91. Yeah does need some tunning ... I guess thats what I get for turning up the alky to try & compensate for knock..