First ever alum GN rims. pics.

Well after working long and hard with Budnik I need I got the wheels that I feel are the way the 18's should look. They are 18x8 front and 18x9.5 in the rear. I have NOT rolled the lip or notched the frame and they fit near perfect.

I want to hear all comments good and bad. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_0208.jpg
    IMG_0208.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,004
Well after working long and hard with Budnik I need I got the wheels that I feel are the way the 18's should look. They are 18x8 front and 18x9.5 in the rear. I have NOT rolled the lip or notched the frame and they fit near perfect.

Damn, I like that.

I plan on getting a set of 18's at some point and i real like the different variations of the wheels i seen here and it Great Budnik will design the wheels to your personal liking! Boosting i see you had them stretch the ports a bit to eat some of the flat area i do like them maybe a little more than i would do but in person they probably look all that much better and i may have them do changes on mine so its a matter of prefference!
Chris

That is a 15" wheel. 7s in the front and 8s out back. I'm happy with the way the stance turned out on my GN. One inch lower at all four corners. No frame notch and 1.39 sixty foot times. Oh yea, handles nice too.

P1010025-1.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

I think they look close. If my car was by its self somewhere I would think that the wheels my not get noticed at first look. I like the look of a stock style wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 488
The other wheels are 15" but there are some other 18's that have more area between the ports and hub but i like the stock look also i know it gets a little tricky trying to get a happy medium and adding 3"s dont help!
Chris

The other wheels are 15" but there are some other 18's that have more area between the ports and hub but i like the stock look also i know it gets a little tricky trying to get a happy medium and adding 3"s dont help!
Chris

If you look at the area between the center and the blocks you would see that I had Budnik make the gap the same as the 15 to give it that correct look.

I understand but by doing that the port size increased whch shows more black area which will happen when your dealing with 3" larger wheels just stretching them out basically! Dont take it the wrong way like i said many versions based on peoples liking maybe you should give them to me and try again!;) What size tires you running and is it lowered any?
Chris

boostingbuick -
Those wheels are really cool. The extra black you added in the "windows" is reminiscent of a Buick rally wheel. You could almost take away/black out every other polished spine and have a modern rally - except that you had yours done with 9 windows. :D Took me a while to catch that!

I understand but by doing that the port size increased whch shows more black area which will happen when your dealing with 3" larger wheels just stretching them out basically! Dont take it the wrong way like i said many versions based on peoples liking maybe you should give them to me and try again!;) What size tires you running and is it lowered any?
Chris

245/40/18 fronts and 275/45/18 in the rear. Car is at stock ride height.

I like Joeynj's wheels the best so far. They are the ones with the stepped lip and the bigger silver center section. But I have to say that I like all of these bigger Budnik GN style wheels. Nice looking cars guys. Now get them all lowered and repost pictures.

IMHO-Spoolfool2's rims are the most stock looking. The other 18" rims are awesome and you guys are truly groundbreakers. I personally like the non stepped hoop. If you look at post#84 the 2 rims are compared. The Budnik rim's black circle is noticeably smaller. Put at least another 1" of black for the inner circle and bring the chrome circle out (3D like stock) make the chrome lines (between the black holes) 1/2" longer. These 2 things should give you about 17" with a non stepped hoop. I would imagine that if you got stepped hoops then that would add another 1" or so for 18" and you should not be able to tell the differance, except for the step.

Thank you Mr. Budnik. You did an awesome job.

Cool.
I couldnt picture exactly what they would look like but thanks to you I now know.

Ok here is what I think
The tire sizes that ur using are wrong the rears are too tall and the profile is too fat
Also the cars stance is all wrong
I think 17" would look better than the 18" due to the tire size
The rear should be like a 275 40
But would have to research that more
Otherwise they look better than the originals rear that Budnik made
Your close

i think the rear tire is to tall and the wheels in 18s look funny. a 16 would look best but tire size selection would suck. maybe a 17 would be ok. the larger holes are much better the the older 18s though so A+ on that.

I plan on getting a set of 17's, lots of tire options. 16's are being faded out, which sucks being I have 16's on the ty and gn right now