First dyno run on new stroker motor.

87natl

Fade 2 Black
Well, got the first dyno results on my new build. Stroker motor with 210 roller cam, ported irons, ported intake, 60lb injectors, pump gas and Razors alky, and for now, a TE-60.

Results: 546 rwhp, 556 tq. This was at 21 psi, which is about all I would want to run on a 93 degree day, LOL! It's HOT here in FLA. I was pretty pleased with this, considering the size of the turbo and relaively low boost. Max hp AND torque were hit at around 5100 rpms.

Anyone else have #'s on a stroker build? Preferably with a bigger turbo?

wow that is awesome to hear...I'm going with a 70 GTQ BB with my stroker build from DLS...if you are making 630 crank horsepower with that puny turbo...then I can't wait to get my setup done! man those stroker kits are no joke...:eek: :eek: :eek:

Great numbers! I have yet to dyno mine, but at 16psi it pulls past cars trapping 118 in the 1/4.

Second run she ran 558 rwhp - 642fwhp, and 563 ft tq. Boost level was 21.2. AF at 10.6, at 5210 rpms.

Stroker came from DLS, K1-6 rods, cometics hg's, JE pistons. And yes, KDK put it together.

Good Lord, I just took her for a little spin out on the toll road. Rolled easy out of the booth up to about 35mph in second gear, put it down MAYBE a 3rd of the way and was absolutley FRYING the blacktop. This thing is absolutely stupid. I'm just running a TE-60 with a 2800 stall. For now. I think it will breathe enough until I want to turn up the boost, but I have got to get used to the beast this thing is NOW before further upgrades. What have I done????:eek:

I believe once we did the math, considering the .020 bore, it came to 251.

I'm going to see this little 'ol 109 block lay down 700 hp before I'm done with it. But not with the old Reds XP pump that's sitting in the tank, LOL! I wanted to pull the thing, but Kevin was saying, nah, let's see if it can hang! More turbo, more boost, more fuel, oh there is room to grow here.

Thanks for the 411. Very nice numbers. Good luck with the car.

Basically I have the same motor less stroker kit. I figure the Buicks make ~2 hp per cube. So my car should make about 500 RWHP. You have me fired up to get mine to the track.

cubic inch

How many more cubes do you get with the stroker kit?

engine bored .020 over = 3.820 diameter cylinder bore (1.91 radius)
stroker crank............. = 3.625 stroke

Area = 3.14 * radius squared

Volume of a cylnder = area * length

Cubic inch of a V6 = volume of a cylinder multiplied by 6

3.14 * 1.91^2 = 11.455

11.455 * 3.625 = 41.524

41.524 * 6 = 249.144

249.144 = .020 bored v6 with a stroker crank.

Second run she ran 558 rwhp - 642fwhp, and 563 ft tq. Boost level was 21.2. AF at 10.6, at 5210 rpms.

Stroker came from DLS, K1-6 rods, cometics hg's, JE pistons. And yes, KDK put it together.

Good Lord, I just took her for a little spin out on the toll road. Rolled easy out of the booth up to about 35mph in second gear, put it down MAYBE a 3rd of the way and was absolutley FRYING the blacktop. This thing is absolutely stupid. I'm just running a TE-60 with a 2800 stall. For now. I think it will breathe enough until I want to turn up the boost, but I have got to get used to the beast this thing is NOW before further upgrades. What have I done????:eek:

sweet. thats the one i got. the quality of Dan's kit is awesome IMO

what is a ball park price on a DLS kit equiped stroker shortblock with roller cam?

Oh man.... I'd have to really break it down here to be accurate. But just for the short block? Probably about 4k. THere's so many variables. All of the machine shop work, clearancing, girdle? studded forged mains? etc. There's a range there, but 4k is a ballpark.