Firmware uprade for FAST ecu?

quickstrike

Ok I am a little confused here. I just got the car running after being down for almost ayear. I called FAST to make sure there werent any software upgrades I may have missed. I talked with Tony at FAST and told him I had version 1.05. He said I needed to send the ECU back and have a firmare upgrade as well as buya new disk with the latest software. This is going to cost me around 70 dollars plus shipping.

Problem is I just read a post where Craig Smith told someone the latest version is 1.05. I am running the Windows version 1.05 already. Please tell me I didnt just unhook this thing and mail it to them for nothing.

Randy

OK, let me try this. Software is the program you use to communicate with the FAST computer thru your laptop. Originally there was C-Com which is a DOS driven program which is probably what you have. The lastest is a Windows driven program. I still use the C-Com, mostly because it's what I have, what I am famaliar with, and is compatiable with my OLD laptop.

Firmware or Hardware, call it whatever, is the program the FAST unit uses to run the engine, make adjustments etc. There is an update for that as well.

So, in a nutshell, the software update is optional, the firmware is a good upgarde.

Give FAST a call and they will give you a ref.# and then send it to them.

Unfortunately I was afraid of that. I explained to the guy at FAST that I have been using the Windows version since I bought and installed my system. He said there have been more recent versions of the windows program to the original 1.05 version and said he would send me a new floppy(at around 25 bucks) to me. I think he was confused. He also said I would need to send the box back to them for the firmware. This made no sense to me but I did it anyway, and now wish I hadnt, at least untill I did more research. I will try and call them ASAP, I hope it is not too late. I really dont have extra money to be spending for something I already have.

Randy

You did right by sending in your unit for a firmware update. I don't know how old your unit is but they can tell by the serial number and do the updates, don't fret. As for the software update, go to http://www.fuelairspark.com/ and download the demo's and take a look.:cool:

Thanks Glen I appreciate the help. I guess I wont worry about it. There may be firmware glitches that it will correct. As far as the software I downloaded it a short while back and didnt notice any obvious changes, I just figured they were small corrections that fixed certain glitches in the program. I will call Tony and verify this in case he hasnt already mailed it out.

Thank you
Randy

How about..

what is the turnaround time like for an upgrade? I'd like to get it done but don't want to be without the car for too long. Anyone know? From date of receipt... thanks!!