Fire Jacket at E-Town?

PNYKLR

I cut and pasted this from their website....
When is a fire jacket required?
A fire jacket is required for ALL racers running an aftermarket power adder (turbocharger, supercharger, or nitrous oxide system.) In addition, a fire jacket is required for all racers running quicker than 11.50.

Yep and don't forget to make sure your helmet is not out of date or they won't let you race. I might be mistaken by I could swear the tech guy told me any turbo or supercharged cars with mods require the race jacket.

OEM turbocharged and stock unmodified firewall should be ok without one. Methanol injection and a bigger than stock turbo is going into the gray area. I always wore one, even when I was slower then 11.50

Pacecarta is the safety tech guru

If you aren't running the stock turbo they could break balls. They tried it with me at LVD. I had my jacket in the trunk.

tech has gotten quicker (not better just quicker) there are still rules that they have to enforce
get a jacket, it can do you no harm to wear one and they are available under 60 bucks (single layer) and never expire http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-51102/overview/
helmet needs to be snell 2005 or newer sticker inside , dot is not accepted
unless they are familiar with you they should ask to see a valid ID

sticky tires requires a driveshaft loop (normally rules say slicks require loop but etown wants one even with drag radials )
and the rental helmets are only good if your car is slower than 13.99, faster than that you will need a snell helmet

they sell helmets and jackets at the track souvenir store and they aren't getting rich off them (priced fair)