Bailey two step needed with TR6?

Expat_dude

I’ve already got a TR6 which I know can handle a two step. My question is that I’ve been reading about Baileys two step set up, in particular the below statement . Will the TR6 provide the same protection as I’m running an alky system.? I don’t mind buying the Bailey if needed but I wanted to check with the gurus here.

http://www.2step.bailey-eng.com
It protects the engine when running alcohol injection or Nitrous Oxide:
Another important application for the 2-Step unit is to limit the top engine speed to below that of the engine control module (ECM, PCM). The ECM rev limiter disables the fuel injectors to cut engine power and prevent over-revs. On engines equipped with Nitrous Oxide or alcohol injection, disabling the fuel injectors while accelerating results in an extremely lean condition as the nitrous or alcohol is still flowing. This can cause serious engine damage and must be avoided. The “Main Limit” in the 2-Step unit is designed to prevent these occurrences by limiting engine speeds to a safe level.

The TR6 rev limiter is a spark-cut. I don't see what the additional module would grant you. Set your limits in the TR6 below the fuel cut-off in your ECM and it'll be the same thing.

The Tr6 has a built in 2step as well as a rev limiter. There’s nothing else to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk