Finding a different location for PCV vacuum.

robertf

So when I installed the Champ intake and 1 inch spacer I noticed the vacuum block was crammed in the hood liner so I blocked off the top of the TB and deleted the PCV while running valve cover filters. Now I can't get past the crankcase smell inside the car so I'll be reinstalling the PCV setup. Is there any downside of pulling vacuum from the side of the plenum? Seems easy enough. Thanks.

Nope, just make sure you use a PCV valve or a restrictor with a check valve. It's a metered leak, you don't want a wide-open 3/8" hole.

I will be using a Delco PCV in the stock intake location. Just need a vacuum source.

I have been drilling and tapping the back side of the intake manifold. Of course it's best when the Manifold is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's plenty of meat on your 1" spacer to tap a 3/8NPT hole for a barbed fitting. That's kinda what I did with my manifold when I tossed my vac block. I put a barbed fitting just below my power plate on the lower manifold.

I drilled and tapped 4 1/8” holes for various vacuum ports and used the rear for my vacuum brakes and IAT . Which you could swap out for a PCV line .
32AFA0D8-937E-443C-9CAE-8C9EF716130D.jpeg
4443D2A0-A0A3-4E88-9883-2FD943E22BE3.jpeg