Finally

johnnycasx

I finally dropped of the car at the body shop on 12/31/16. I'm excited to see how it's going to turn out. Before I dropped it there I changed the oil, greased all the steering/suspension parts and installed the original wheels and center caps. I'm thinking of going either with a Mercedes or BMW black color.

Attachments

• IMG_3161.JPG
    IMG_3161.JPG
    531.2 KB · Views: 196
Where did you end up going? It's definitely not Collex, which I'm happy to see. They didn't do right by me.

Where did you end up going? It's definitely not Collex, which I'm happy to see. They didn't do right by me.
I went to Ciro's auto on rte.99 right in front of the Honda cars of Boston dealership in Everett. I went to Collex to get a quote but the guy was a jerk and I left. The owner of Ciro's is a friend of my fathers

Went to check on the GN this morning and found this cool 71 GTO next to my car

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 176
  • IMG_0013.JPG
    IMG_0013.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1,008.4 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
We need details! Will they be removing the glass/bumpers/lights/etc? I saved some money by removing that stuff myself. I got the bumpers powder coated.

We need details! Will they be removing the glass/bumpers/lights/etc? I saved some money by removing that stuff myself. I got the bumpers powder coated.
all the glass will be removed and all the bumpers. the doors are off already. i told him to take his time the quarter panel will be evaluated in the next few weeks.

all i need now is the spoolfool bumper fillers. im on the fence on whether to keep the 86 grille on it or replace it with an 87 grille. the only other thing now is the choice of black. i narrowed it down to either a Mercedes-Benz AMG color or a Bentley continental

Can u tell a difference between them? I only took the 1/4 glass out and left the front and back glass in.

Can u tell a difference between them? I only took the 1/4 glass out and left the front and back glass in.
I'm taking out all the glass. I have another set of quarter windows because whoever did the previous paint/body work painted over everything

I'm taking out all the glass. I have another set of quarter windows because whoever did the previous paint/body work painted over everything

The worst part is, I remember when his price was only $39.99............

Here is the progress so far

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
Is that a SCRAPER in pic 2?
Yes it is. I was told that someone painted it very thick and didn't do a good job prepping it long ago. There was a lot of bondo on it so far. I can't wait to see what the quarters look like.

Last edited:
Yes it is. I was told that someone paid the paint on it very think and didn't do a good job prepping it long ago. There was a lot of bondo on it so far. I can't wait to see what the quarters look like

You definitely have your work cut out for you....... :hungover:

My son has done a few GNs the work is in the prep work and do to black the body needs to be super straight. Good advice remove everything you can especially the 1/4 glass and protect the door VIN decals they are on tamper proof paper which can';t be removed without ruining them.

My son gets ten grand or better to paint one....but then again he has done about a dozen Aston Martins some of which that have gone to Pebble Beach.....aluminum cars. and quite expensive.

thank goodness my Turbo-T is 100% original paint I couldn;t afford my kid to paint it!

Member to do the chip guard again car looks weird without it as I seen several where they did not spray it back on.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

My car was painted by Heath Elmer and he had 270 hours in it, which does not include disassembling the car, removing bumpers, fillers, fenders, trim, all glass, spoiler, interior weatherstripping, and stripping the car. I did all that. I also had someone else fill the bumpers and fix all the T Top rot. He hung the doors and fenders, but I put it all back together myself. So total job was probably more like 400 hours. Now I remember why I'm scared to let that car leave the garage lol. Painting these cars is not for the faint of heart. Getting these flimsy G Bodies straight and looking good in black is a chore.

I vote for leaving the chip guard off along with the door bumper strips.
that's the plan. I'm going there saturday to drop off the doors, trunk, hood and small things. the only thing i have to do is search for body seals, door seals and spoolfool bumper fillers. i have already picked a color from a 2017 Mercedes-Benz GT AMG. in the next few months it should be coming along