Finally

Why? I like the added protection.
Because it doesn't look good. When I plunked down big bucks to get my car painted 4 years ago, I wanted the Barrett Jackson show car look, not the used car back lot look. I drive my car a lot and surprisingly haven't gotten any chips on the lower door area.

I'm going for that same look :cool:
Because it doesn't look good. When I plunked down big bucks to get my car painted 4 years ago, I wanted the Barrett Jackson show car look, not the used car back lot look. I drive my car a lot and surprisingly haven't gotten any chips on the lower door area.

A well applied piece of Paint Protection Film will be less difficult to apply, it will look better, it can be replaced if it gets damaged and it accomplishes the same purpose as that ugly assed chip guard.

When I repaint, that will be my plan.

What's the down side?

Didn't put the chip guard back on mine either. Much nicer without it. As TurboT said, if you wanted it, clear paint protection film is the way to go for something like that. These films have come a long way in the last few years

The type of winter we're gettin' in West Michigan wouldn't be that bad. I almost regret storing my T. Tomorrow it's supposed to get into the 50's![I mean later today] What does that paint protector film look like after a few washings?I saw something I think it might have been an early rendition, a few years ago, that looked like crap as it was loosening in a few places.

Quick update: the car is under the knife for the quarter panel. The vehicle has been sanded down to bare metal for the most part. Now I need to look for a hood

Here is what the body shop has been up to so far

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0096.JPG
    IMG_0096.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0098.JPG
    IMG_0098.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0099.JPG
    IMG_0099.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0100.JPG
    IMG_0100.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
All I need now are the seals for the belt moldings door and body. Any suggestions on who to get them from?

They were able to fix the quarter panel on the left side so now no need to cut and fit one on Now I just need to order seals and the final touch, where should I get fillers from?

Attachments

• IMG_0173.JPG
    IMG_0173.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 51