Finally got some time.

lol; its damn near impossible to find SD stuff on the cheap; and I think the consensus among the Fiero fans is that unless i have a SD block, all the mods to the top wil lcount for naught (grenade the block)

there right and wrong

my stock 2.5 block has held out just fine....

key element.... that damn SD crank.

need one? i got an extra stock stroke one...

MWA HA HA HA

A.j.

the deck...the surface the heads bolt on to, correct? what would be needed to strengthen the deck surface? might be another avenue for me; doing a lower CR piston, T28 or slightly larger, a T03/4 turbo, with good intercooler;

the deck...the surface the heads bolt on to, correct? what would be needed to strengthen the deck surface? might be another avenue for me; doing a lower CR piston, T28 or slightly larger, a T03/4 turbo, with good intercooler;

damn I like your spirt..... i wonder if were related!

A.j.

lol we might; we might! lol. so; SD crank, 301T 7.5:1 CR pistons, half a set anyhow...a T03/4 turbo, a damn good intercooler, i dont have AC so the condensor will be tossed; freeing up space... i;ve a basic design of how the turbo will look with intercooler....since in this car, the exhaust manifold is facing the grille...that makes it easier to have the room for the turbo and intercooler :D I MIGHT repaint the car; if the buffing session doesnt help as much as it should...still looking for paint code to match 62U and 62L codes

Well now that the hijack is over for the day on to more pics. I started on this side with a few welds to align the panels and it looked good. I didn't expect a few issues though. While welding I notices that the gaps I left for the weld closed up. As I was grinding it down the cut reappeared. I did figure out how to fix this though. I took a cut off wheel and gouged the the crack just enough to penatrate and re-weld it. As you can see by the weld marks on the inside it looks good but it will need some extra attention as I remove the excess matereal.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 255
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 258
The last pic I'm posting tonight. Take a look at the back of the car and tell me what's wrong here. My land lord came down to do a few things and spotted it but I'll see if you guys can. It has to do with my repair work and I wished I'd done a little better but it is what it is.:redface:

Attachments

• DSCN0006.jpg
    DSCN0006.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 272
you;re missing a piece of rear valance panel that goes to the fenders? looking between the good side and the bad side....

Is this a wheres waldo?:biggrin: Looks like a piece is missing from the right side? If not, it must not be anything that filler cant fix, cause I`m not seeing it? Wait... looks shorter on the right?

Is this a wheres waldo?:biggrin: Looks like a piece is missing from the right side? If not, it must not be anything that filler cant fix, cause I`m not seeing it? Wait... looks shorter on the right?

LOL You got it Jase.:biggrin: We had to take a tape and measure it to make sure but I welded the drivers side a little longer it seems.:redface: Can't fix it now but it's done at least.:smile:

LOL You got it Jase.:biggrin: We had to take a tape and measure it to make sure but I welded the drivers side a little longer it seems.:redface: Can't fix it now but it's done at least.:smile:

Yay:biggrin: Don`t worry about that, are you putting the trim on? If so it will never be seen again anyway:D

Won't be long now Charlie and you will be back working with the drive line. You've got the BW pretty much whipped now congrat's and great job. You might have to send me a PM with your addy again, I can't find it @ work or home.

Thanks Adam. I'll send you an email later and you might want to do like I did. Create a folder for adress' in your email so you don't loose them. It's the only way I can find them any more.

I didn't realize how bad the pics were of the drivers side until I posted them somewhere else.:redface: Here's a much better pic as well as the almost finished passenger side. I have a little more welding on it to secure the bottom of the panel and a little more grinding but it looks so much better now. I also ordered the body filler today through NAPA and it's the same price as online but no hazmat shipping fees.:cool: It should be here tomorrow but I'll have to wait on doing the filler until I get more of the car done for now.:smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 289
  • DSCN0003.jpg
    DSCN0003.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN0004.jpg
    DSCN0004.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0005.jpg
    DSCN0005.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 297
so your fixing up the panels on the t-type to put on your GN or are you restoring the t-type?