Finally got some time.

Wow......a bit early in the AM for me to appreciate it all. But you sure did alot of work. Was that a BILLY GOAT I spotted???:biggrin:

That was a nanny for Ty to get excited about LOL

I'll worry about paint after I get it running first Freddie.

Oh it'll run alright....that is to say if it does'nt, then you are not worthy of owning one of these fabulous, well engineered, fine examples of American made muscle...;)

:tongue::tongue: Well at least I haven't had a crank break on me yet Freddie.:biggrin: But that doesn't mean I won't this time at least.:eek: We'll just see what happens when I get her together.

ttop floor pans

have been on site in a while how ever just did my ttop and floor pan in 83 ttype top frame totally shot 2 small hole in reas seat foot pan spot weld cutter and drill did wonders removed original panels at spot welds and replaced with original parts from doner took whole pan and t frame looks like it was never replaced even leaded windshield rail after welding in place no bondo if interested will send email you photos still working on car moved and haven't finished new garage yet set in car trailer in pieces car was striped to bare metal from ground up repairs are not that hard if you use spot weld cutter :p

Spent most of the day working on an 81 chevy PU. I fixed it several months ago but for some reason my co-worker decided to use the passenger tank which has some really old gas in it.:mad: I've never seen yellow gas before and it stunk really bad.:eek:

It got dark and since it's not in the shop I moved on to the car to put the brakes back together and fit the brake lines up. The Camaro calipers use an ISO fitting instead of an ASE design so I reused them. Had to straighten them up first which isn't an issue at all. Then just re bend them so they fit. Almost looks like factory and I'll make a proper mount for the hoses tomorrow if I get the time.

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 257
ttop floor pans

have'nt been on site in a while. just a note as I read you were doing all this great work just to prep for your 82 ttype I just did my ttop's frame and floor pan in 83 ttype. T- top frame was totally shot, 2 small hole in rear seat foot pan. spot weld cutter and drill did wonders in removing original panels at spot welds I replaced with original parts from doner car took whole floor pan and t frame out and replaced looks like it was never replaced even used lead on windshield rail after welding in place no bondo if interested will send/ email you photos still working on car, moved and haven't finished new garage yet. Cars setting in car trailer in pieces car was striped to bare metal from ground up made it so much easier to find problems and make repairs. repairs are not that hard if you use spot weld cutter :p

have'nt been on site in a while. Just a note as I read you were doing all this great work just to prep for your 82 ttype. I just did my ttop's frame and floor pan in 83 ttype. T- top frame was totally shot, 2 small hole in rear seat foot pan. Spot weld cutter and drill did wonders in removing original panels at spot welds. I replaced with original parts from doner car took whole floor pan and t frame out and replaced. Looks like it was never replaced even used lead on windshield rail after welding in place, no bondo. If interested will send/ email you photos still working on car, I've moved and haven't finished new garage yet. Cars setting in car trailer in pieces car was striped to bare metal from ground up made it so much easier to find problems and make repairs. Repairs are not that hard if you use spot weld cutter :p

Boy! You haven't been on in a while.:eek: I would like to see the pics of what you've done to her. I'm not even close to starting on the GN yet but I could use all the help so I have a better idea of what needs to be done. Thanks.:smile:

I ran these disc things that bolt under your rim to make it look like rear disc but I must say what your doing Charlie is AWSOME keep up the good work!:cool:

Thanks. I'm just doing a few normal mods to a B4Balck car that I don't think anyone has done before. I'll see what happens when I get the car running but it's been a long journey figuring out what and how to do to make it more viable.

Factory 3.42 posi for now Jase. I've got a complete G body 9" that may go in and it's got 3.50's with a mini spool, 31 spline axles, full floater ends and disc brakes.:eek: I'd like to trade it off for an 8.5 with posi but for now I'm sticking with the stock 7.5 because I want to see if I can get decent traction and test out the twin sway bar system. If it works then i'll call it "the poor mans HR bar".:biggrin:

The stock tranny is the 2004R and it's in the car right now. I've talked to Chris at CK Performance and Jake at Jake Shoe Performance about doing it and Jake has agreed to let me do some of the work at his shop. I'll be posting pics of it when I get to this point. Not looking for a full Billet tranny but it will have some billet parts in it. Wish I could get away without them but for what I want to do billet parts are needed.

Nice... you have everything planned out:biggrin:

Not quite but I'm trying to do it right. I try to figure out what I need before I have to have it. I really don't want to break it before I break the current time in the quarter. Just remember "Fail to plan or plan to fail" to make sure you can make it live.:biggrin:

Well last week was a b!tch to say the least.:mad: The work schedual was screwed up so I worked late in the shop most nights (1AM or later) and I'm honestly worn out. I've been doing some side work on a Chevy PU and it's been a pain. I took a break tonight and finished up the rear brake lines so I can get something done on her at least. I haven't decided on how to attach the brake cables yet or how far I have to relocate the shock mount but I do have a few ideas on how I will do it.:biggrin:

Now for the bad news.:mad: As I was welding up some exhaust pipe on the Chevy the welder took a dump on me.:mad: It's 5 years old and I guess it needs some service. I can hear the contactors clicking but no feed and no arc. I'm hoping that it will be up later this week but at least it didn't crap out while I was doing the rear quarters.:smile:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 308