finally getting it painted...

THE BLACK MAMBA

Taking project GNX to the body shop next month....is there a certain code of black that i need? i want a very black color...also what color is the window trim pieces? is it satin black? thanks Mike

on the fire wall just below windshied dr side will be paint codes from gm go to your car paint store have code they will compare to their codes DP /Deltron make a very deep black, house of color has a very deep black the more colbalt in the black the more expensive cobalt is what gives the paint depth

You will hear all different opinions on black,I was told Jet black by my paint supplier,so thats what I am going with.

As I said everyone has an opionion! all I was saying was what ever color, brand or Name the supplier can tell you the chemical make up of the paint most blacks require Maganiess and cobalt to make it black 1 oz of cobalt is like 10 oz of Maganiess the more cobalt the deeper the color if you take a light to a black car up close the paint can look brownish, not enough cobalt

I make paints from scratch in my business Mason stains makes about 95 % of the color stains in paints produced around the world. they have ten different stains to make black paint all carry various amount of cobalt just saying

Mines in the paint shop now. My Guy told me Jet black also. Said its used on a lot of foreign cars and is supposed to be the deepest black.

paint

I have painted 3 gn 's dupont code is 99k ppg code is 9700.any questions you can call me 7749304156. Joe

Thanks for the replys...what color should i paint the trim? should i have them painted the same color as the car or a different black....

trim black out paint

JC3569 you said sems trim black, is this for blackout trim or is there something better? some have stated simi gloss black.

Does anybody know what GM used or the process they used as blackout trim is paint over chrome in most cases I have allot of trim to clean up and refurbish! I have thought about a rechroming, but using black chrome vs shiny chrome. still thinking on it so looking for Ideals jon

trim

That trim paint is the closest that I've seen to factory trim black on a gn.if you want I can send you some pics of car that I did or I can send you the headlight bezels I just painted for my car

That trim paint is the closest that I've seen to factory trim black on a gn.if you want I can send you some pics of car that I did or I can send you the headlight bezels I just painted for my car

i would like to see the pic so i can have some idea of what to do.....thanks

Cool pics are alway great every thing you have. grills bezals taillight packages window trim its all good. email if you can easier to download and store, eliteone@earthlink.net The time is what cost on restorations so every detail is gone over and over at least with me and I am sure with other then their is others that don't want to be redoing the stuff every six months