Finally a 10 sec Pass!

That engine bay is nice....

Congradulations!

Congratulations! Going 10's is still a big deal to me, too!
Thanks everyone.

Good job Mike I was happy for ya!! Didn't get to see the run as I was in the car in the staging lanes, but the video looks good!!
Tony wish we could of both lined up on that last pass. Would of made a good video with both of us running 10s.Thanks

Great job Mike!! I was there that day in '08.. I know how you felt after loading the car up on the trailer. It was only a matter of time before you got back in the ring and got that 10 sec slip!! Congrats man! I'm happy as hell for ya!!

Great job that's a nice super fast street car where was the boost at . Get that afr down to 10.8/11.0 and it'll pick up . It's got more in it once you put more fuel in her. I would move over to double pumps if you haven't already too . Can never have to much fuel .

Great job that's a nice super fast street car where was the boost at . Get that afr down to 10.8/11.0 and it'll pick up . It's got more in it once you put more fuel in her. I would move over to double pumps if you haven't already too . Can never have to much fuel .

Thanks. I do have reds double pumper also ran reds 107 chip with 25lbs of boost. I hope if I add a little fuel it will pick up some mph in the quarter if not than I guess I have to turn the boost/fuel up. I would like to find another 5-6 mph in the quarter.

I finally got a 10 second pass with my car. I know that its not that fast anymore but its a big deal to me after dropping my crank on my stock motor and breaking a new Janis trans I put in the night before the Norwalk Buick Race in 2008 trying to run 10s. Ya I know it took me a while to get back at it. Thanks to everyone that has helped me. Hopefully you can view the video I had problems trying to attach it.View attachment 236759 View attachment 236760

Very Nice Run !
Nice 60ft time !
I always have trouble hooking on that track after the Sun goes down !
Congrads on you First 10 ET.

Very Nice Run !
Nice 60ft time !
I always have trouble hooking on that track after the Sun goes down !
Congrads on you First 10 ET.
Thanks. The track conditions were kinda good because there were so many break downs they had to keep prepping the track. I got 3 passes that night and had 3 hours between each pass 6pm,9pm and 12 midnight. It was worth it though!

Thanks. I do have reds double pumper also ran reds 107 chip with 25lbs of boost. I hope if I add a little fuel it will pick up some mph in the quarter if not than I guess I have to turn the boost/fuel up. I would like to find another 5-6 mph in the quarter.
I don't think that'll be a problem good luck with it I love my 10 second Gn

Congratulations! I tried to get a 10 sec pass last night and failed. The track was not hooking and couldn't 60 ft. I was wondering what you do for suspension?

Congratulations! I tried to get a 10 sec pass last night and failed. The track was not hooking and couldn't 60 ft. I was wondering what you do for suspension?

Thanks I have all stock springs and shocks with HRpartNstuff rear upper/lower control arms and swaybar. The lowers are 1/4 longer than stock and no air bags. I also removed front swaybar. What were your times and 60ft?

I just got my trans built by Vince with a TC from PTC and ready see what she will do now.

Last edited:
11.11 @125 mph 1.8 60 foot. I just have airbags and took off front sway bar. I tried playing with different air pressure but track was slow and didn't get to run as much as I needed to. I have vacuum brakes and 2nd run as soon as I built boost I red lighted. Didn't hold after 3 lbs.

Ya that's good mph and get it to hook up and you will have it. Did you do the brake mods like bigger wheels cylinders and big brake shoes on both sides?

11.11 @125 mph 1.8 60 foot. I just have airbags and took off front sway bar. I tried playing with different air pressure but track was slow and didn't get to run as much as I needed to. I have vacuum brakes and 2nd run as soon as I built boost I red lighted. Didn't hold after 3 lbs.

That's enough mph for 10.70's easily. Get the brakes holding or put a trans brake in it and your well into the 10's

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ya that's good mph and get it to hook up and you will have it. Did you do the brake mods like bigger wheels cylinders and big brake shoes on both sides?
No I didn't. A friend of mine suggested to put it in neutral after my burnout and rev the engine a little bit to build more vacuum so they will hold better. Should the passenger side be less firm than driver side?

They mean replace your rear brake shoes. Buy two sets of drum brake shoes. Use all the secondary shoes. That will be the four larger shoes. From the factory, the forward facing or primary shoe has less friction material. GM S-10 wheel cylinders increase the pressure applied to the rear which will give you more holding power. The longer and more pressure you use to do the burnout will also heat the shoes and decrease holding power.

They mean replace your rear brake shoes. Buy two sets of drum brake shoes. Use all the secondary shoes. That will be the four larger shoes. From the factory, the forward facing or primary shoe has less friction material. GM S-10 wheel cylinders increase the pressure applied to the rear which will give you more holding power. The longer and more pressure you use to do the burnout will also heat the shoes and decrease holding power.
Thanks for the info