Finally a 10 sec Pass!

turbo6mike

Mike Ruminski
I finally got a 10 second pass with my car. I know that its not that fast anymore but its a big deal to me after dropping my crank on my stock motor and breaking a new Janis trans I put in the night before the Norwalk Buick Race in 2008 trying to run 10s. Ya I know it took me a while to get back at it. Thanks to everyone that has helped me. Hopefully you can view the video I had problems trying to attach it.View attachment 236759
100_2921.JPG

Attachments

• 10sec.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 386
  • 100_2925.JPG
    100_2925.JPG
    596 KB · Views: 703
Last edited:
Congrats. The video looked good, but did I hear your car sputter in the last moments or was that just the audio?

Congrats !!
Going for my first 10 second pass next week in BG...

Bryan

Congrats Mike... 10's is NOT easy.. everything has to be right for ANY car to run that fast. People who think that this isn't a significant accomplishment can piss off - even "in this day and age".
Thanks a lot man. It is a big accomplishment for me, its something that I wanted to do for a long time.

Congrats Mike! Aforementioned, breaking into the 10's is a huge/great accomplishment!
Looks like you lost a little mph up top. Possible lean condition, or spark blow out? Get that issues figured out, you'll be running 10's often with your current set up. :cool: Keep having fun!:)

Congrats Mike! Aforementioned, breaking into the 10's is a huge/great accomplishment!
Looks like you lost a little mph up top. Possible lean condition, or spark blow out? Get that issues figured out, you'll be running 10's often with your current set up. :cool: Keep having fun!:)
Thanks Raymond. The car did lean out at the top end. My o2 volts went to .748, wideband was 11.8 and I got 1.5 degrees of knock. I didn't see to much knock so I didn't let off, I knew it was going to be my best pass.

Congrats Mike, very cool!
Thanks Ryan.

Thanks Raymond. The car did lean out at the top end. My o2 volts went to .748, wideband was 11.8 and I got 1.5 degrees of knock. I didn't see to much knock so I didn't let off, I knew it was going to be my best pass.

Thanks Ryan.

Cool, sounds like you are on top of things. I'm sure with adding a little more fuel it still has more left in it. Are you running Alky? Or was this on race gas?

Very nice! Be careful with the "lean and mean" up top. Add fuel and see if that cleans it up. I would do a cylinder check to be on the safe side before your next "outing." Very clean engine bay too!

well done!
Thank you.

Very nice! Be careful with the "lean and mean" up top. Add fuel and see if that cleans it up. I would do a cylinder check to be on the safe side before your next "outing." Very clean engine bay too!
Ya I didn't mean for it to go that lean but hopefully it didn't hurt anything. Car still seems to be running good after that pass but I want to add a pound off fuel and see if it goes away. Thanks

Good job Mike I was happy for ya!! Didn't get to see the run as I was in the car in the staging lanes, but the video looks good!!