Fel pro Permadry valvecovers

cecil bass

Anyone know the correct part# for Fel pro Permadry valve covers?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

840CE870-3D81-4D83-AC64-A941469074DA.png

FYI, these only work if your head surface has been machined flat like Champion does. Surface needs to be flat. I even have my GN1 valve covers machined extra flat.
Zero leaks.

FYI, these only work if your head surface has been machined flat like Champion does. Surface needs to be flat. I even have my GN1 valve covers machined extra flat.
Zero leaks.
[emoji106][emoji106]good heads up

[emoji106][emoji106]good heads up

I used these on my new engine with Champion iron heads. I just noticed i have a slight leak. I have only started the car to load it on my trailer to bring it home. Hopefully a re torque will fix the leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using these for years on my stock heads (no machining) with aftermarket valve covers and no leaks for me!

I tried these on a set of stock heads and could'nt stop them from leaking. They just didnt set properly on the stock casting. Could've been bad casting. I've had them on my Champs for a year now with zero leaks.
Hopefully it was just bad casting on the stockers. GL, hope they work for you then. A truely great gasket.

If I can't use these whats another good gasket I can use for stock heads

Zero leaks.

I think the problem is with the stock valve covers as the inside flange on the stock valve cover hits the metal retainer on the inside corners of the gasket.

Put the gasket on the stock valve cover and you'll see what I mean.
If you put the gasket on the head first, then put the stock valve cover on, you'll never see it and it will leak for sure.

I've been using these for years on my stock heads (no machining) with aftermarket valve covers and no leaks for me!

Just trim the metal retainer in the corners to clear the stock valve covers and you should be fine.

Maybe you could post a photo as mine are already on the car.

I just put these on mine last weekend (stock heads and valve covers) and trimmed the inside corners because of interference with the covers. Went for a 30 minute drive the next day and no leaks yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I used the felpro's on stock heads for years with no leaks. After removing them a half dozen times they did start leaking a little.

I got Cometics I’m putting on in the next couple weeks. Anything special I should know when putting them on? Did you put them on dry or with any RTV? Any trimming needed? TIA.
There are always multiple ways to do things. I have used cork, perma seal and now rubber. I like to RTV them to the VCs. My philosophy is that it reduces the chance of leaks by 50%. Key is cleanliness of the vc surface.

Run them for years on stock unmachined heads with aftermarket valve covers. No leaks and reusable.

Whenever I have used cork, I use black RTV to the valve cover/pan/etc. Allow to partially cure, then install. Cork compresses & relaxes, requiring several tightening sequences before it stabilizes.

I had my GN1 valve covers machined flat before install. This removed the outer lip around the edge making a super wide/flat surface.